Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,220   Posts: 1,659,571   Online: 601

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Be sure to clean the condenser and have the Rod pulled up fully for long bulbs, then push down for short neck ones.

The may be a bulb problem if the filament is not centered. My last bulb order was from Mexico manufacture, Velco or Vico from B&H, and who knows what their QC is. I have not used any so far.

I assure you with a proper bulb and set up properly, no burning is necessary for an even print. Mine is set up with a darkroom exposure meter in each corner . You can not eyeball it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Ronald, good to be reassured that even lighting can be achieved. The bulbs I have are made by Dr. Fischer Group, no Idea if they're high quality, certainly not cheap (about $15). I'm measuring light levels with the meter of the Heiland Controller (i've checked the calibration, so the probe is fine). I'll try it again next week.

Shooter
    35mm
    Did you end up getting the Kienzle condenser box Andi?
    In the time since this discussion was active I've moved home & been without a darkroom. Now that I'm getting the darkroom going again, I've just purchased both the Heiland LED module & the Kienzle box as a gift to myself (even though I sold a couple of things to help pay for it, this will leave me stone-broke for a month or two, I'll have to eat baked beans for dinner every night!). As soon as it comes to me down here in Australia I'll be putting it all to use & will report back here.
    Paul...

Quote Originally Posted by ~andi View Post
    Hello Apuggers,

I've been printing with the Focomat V35 the past couple of years and it's great for that classic "lot's of smooth middle tones"-look, ease of use and even illumination. However, I recently began experimenting with a "harder", more grain look and printing that on 12x16 paper. I've been using an old 1c to that end and I really like the quality of light it produces and the shorter times I get compared to the V35. However, it is a bit awkward to print with it because the light falls off about 1 stop towards the edges (I've posted about this but the post has not been approved by the mods yet.)

Anyways, I've learned that the Kienzle offers a double-condenser modification for the V35. The matte diffusor lens on the bottom of the mixing box is replaced with a double condenser system. Has anybody tried this mod? If so, how is the evenness of illumination and how do you like the quality of light it produces?

Cheers,
    Andi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Paul,

congratulations to the Heiland module and the box! I did not get the Kienzle box yet. I found out why my Ic had uneven lighting and fixed it (the springs which stabilise the orientation of the lamp socket where missing -- I did not know there ought to be any until I saw a complete lamp housing). Since then, the Ic quite grew on me and I have a dual setup now. I'm still curious about the combination LED+Kienzle condenser. Let us know how it works out.

Best,
    Andi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin