Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,747   Posts: 1,515,673   Online: 799

Shooter
    35mm

Anyone using the new Heiland Splitgrade LED Cold Light System for Leitz V35 ??

Anyone??

Shooter
    35mm
    I am strongly considering this system. I understand the regular controller that comes with the complete set... but, what is this 'Comfort' module?? Recently I read Erwin Puts' review of it, and he is using both the regular controller AND the 'Comfort' module together. What is the purpose/advantage of this?
    Aside from that, I'd be happy to hear anyone's thoughts on the system generally, particularly as it applies to the V35.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi gamincurieux,

The comfort controller is just an additional box to control the main unit. It has two dial/switch style knobs with which you can execute the functions: time change/expose, gradation change/focus and the third one let's you go to the burn-in presets. There's also an illuminated Zone Scale which shows you where the white and black points are as well as the current tone at where the probe is placed. I found the comfort controller extremely useful. You can use the controller without it, but it's rather awkward paging through menus vs. rotating and pressing a dial.

I found I needed to calibrate the system to my own developer/time. So if you don't already own a half-stop spaced step-wedge negative, get the "Calibrator-P" negative as well. It's a simple process during which you determine correction values for exposure time and gradation for a specific paper and developer combination (takes about an hour). Those corrections are then programmed into the unit.

As for the cold light source, no experience there. I'm using the system with the regular light source.

Best
    Andi

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin