Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,755   Online: 939

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Cooking to me is as therapeutic as printing if not more so...

What fun...
    Same here. I love to cook. But like photography, I'm just not very good at it. Sunday I'm going to make a Chicken concoction inspired by Betty Crocker plus a fabulous Fennel and Craison wine vinegar salad. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    White wine goes better with developing film than the red wine. Any of the "Big Eight" will do ;o)

Shooter
    Large Format
    I never mix liquor with darkroom work. But I am the most photographically knowledgeable foul-up you'll ever meet. I never poured in fixer first or anything like that. Just small. almost dyslexic, little simple foul-ups. "measure twice, cut once, re-measure, and re-cut" Then measure it again afterwards. If I don't work that way, then my work is probably worse than the lucky knucklehead who didn't know the first ting about it. Some people make straight A's and never crack a book. I'm the guy who has memorized the book and flunked anyway.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom1956 View Post
    I never mix liquor with darkroom work. But I am the most photographically knowledgeable foul-up you'll ever meet. I never poured in fixer first or anything like that. Just small. almost dyslexic, little simple foul-ups. "measure twice, cut once, re-measure, and re-cut" Then measure it again afterwards. If I don't work that way, then my work is probably worse than the lucky knucklehead who didn't know the first ting about it. Some people make straight A's and never crack a book. I'm the guy who has memorized the book and flunked anyway.
    With darkroom alcohol is kept @ beer or 2 but in the kitchen with the black vessel that I am NOT allowed to look @ a draught of white seems to make the whole process that much more pleasant. Wine can/is used as stop on occasion.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've often likened film photography to the 'slow food' movement which I understand to mean being careful with ingredients and enjoying the process with it's emphasis on time. I like to bake using sourdough and I see many parallels with film development and printing.
    Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Perhaps we should have a "favourite recipes" or "what I am cooking tonight" forum, because I too spend plenty of time in the kitchen!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    hey pdeeh

what is the caveman approach ?
    ( i'll have to google heston b too ) ..

john
    well you've have found out about HB and his molecular gastronomy by now, but as for caveman I was thinking along the lines of whack-a-mammoth-over-the-head-with-a-rock-then-spit-it-over-a-fire ... but then I read paul_c4x5's post and it sounds as if he has it nailed ...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    but then I read paul_c4x5's post and it sounds as if he has it nailed ...
    Sounds of distant raspberries being blown.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mr rusty View Post
    Perhaps we should have a "favourite recipes" or "what I am cooking tonight" forum, because I too spend plenty of time in the kitchen!
    I second this idea. Part of why I don't like cooking is that I'm tired of everything I know how to cook. I need some new (and easy) ideas. I also now live somewhere where I can only get the basics. I picked on western PA for being very "meat and potatoes", but this area is even more so. Not being able to get good seafood is exasperating.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    well you've have found out about HB and his molecular gastronomy by now, but as for caveman I was thinking along the lines of whack-a-mammoth-over-the-head-with-a-rock-then-spit-it-over-a-fire ... but then I read paul_c4x5's post and it sounds as if he has it nailed ...
    i have, thanks !
    i understand now what you meant thanks for the explanation

=====
    i cook for 5+ pretty much every night ...
    i sometimes like cooking over the top, and sometimes like plain and simple ...
    like with my photography, i would rather color outside the lines ....

lately ive been making citrus-cooked scallop, clam pizzas ..
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin