Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,432   Online: 1019

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The idea by mr rusty – Perhaps we should have a "favourite recipes" or "what I am cooking tonight" forum and seconded by winger is not a bad idea. If we got enough recipes, we could make it into the APUG International Photographers Cookbook. It could also show some good food photography to go along with individual recipes.
    Perhaps someone can suggest what forum to put this in?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    When ever I make pie crust it makes me think of making D 23. Both have but three ingredients: flour, shortening and water vs Metol, sodium sulfite and water. Two simple recipes, two useful products.
    David

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    The idea by mr rusty – Perhaps we should have a "favourite recipes" or "what I am cooking tonight" forum and seconded by winger is not a bad idea. If we got enough recipes, we could make it into the APUG International Photographers Cookbook. It could also show some good food photography to go along with individual recipes.
    Perhaps someone can suggest what forum to put this in?
    it has been attempted to have a food related forum but it usually dies ..

maybe in the "groups" area

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Both cooking and photography are applied chemistry.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed they are, as this classic text makes clear http://www.amazon.co.uk/Food-Cooking...0485652&sr=1-4

I remember reading his account 20 years ago of how the white of an egg denatures as it fries, and looking at my skillet in a whole new way

Shooter
    35mm
    I use my kitchen sink for processing film and washing prints (stainless counters, etc.), so food and photography for me are happily mixed. But photography for me is a solitary pursuit whereas cooking generally takes place with others around. There are many similarities and I get a similar kind of satisfaction from both. Oh yeah, and both require extensive clean up afterwards.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I enjoy cooking, but it's definitely a lower priority than other things I enjoy doing and I don't often have time to spend on it.

In the several years between moving out of the parental home and getting married, I did a lot of experimentation with cooking. I suspect it was a reaction to the previous lifetime of utilitarian food that was boiled to within an inch of its life and then for 5 minutes more for good measure. Much of my experimentation involved chili peppers; early on, I made a meal or two which could probably have been weaponized!

Now, when I do cook a meal, I need to ensure that it's actually edible by normal humans.

There are quite a few similarities between the two processes, though I tend to be a little less exact when cooking than I aim to be when developing film.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin