Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 756

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I just want to clarify, especially for those with very smart cats , I do not place my head on the vacuum glass and point my eyes into the light source! Given that the spectrum of these lights is very close to daylight it is not unreasonable to think that they may not be dangerous to be exposed to (indirectly to the skin or eyes). This particularly for relatively small exposure times. Yes they do contain a significant amount of UV, just like the sun. Indirect exposure to the skin should not be dangerous. I guess I was asking about general practices among users of these machines. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Silly me, I sort of thought they all had interlocks, but I guess that with the lamp warm up time you want to have them cooking before actually flipping media into them.

At the theatre where I do lighting rigging from time to time a while ago we rented a specialty luminare, called a Wildfire. It was a metal halide source, specially coated and filtered to mostly just put out UV . It had a bit of a blue glow, but man it would make blacklight sensitized hues jump to life at distances approaching 10m!

It had a large warning label to cation not to position it closer to people than 3m, and to limit overall exposure time.

I was involved in being the model to move around during focussing and level set. Good oxyaceteline goggles were a help, but I actually got a bit of a 'sun burn' on my exposed arms after a few hours monkeying wit the thing.
    my real name, imagine that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin