Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,759   Posts: 1,516,008   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear all,

Thanks for all good suggestion.

It's very good to see that nice solutions already exists. I am really temptated by the nova model, with temperature control. But, budget is high...

I will see what will be possible.

Just one last question regarding the use of this system.

If for example you get a 16x12 slot processors. Is it confortable when you just want to make some test with small piece of paper ?
    All the best,
    Rom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Rom,

Consider using a single tray and pouring the chemicals in and out. I have enough room for the normal setup but I use it for 16x20 and 20x24 as I find it easier to pour the liquid than to move the larger sheets.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    You may have a hard time finding this unit , very old system... the nitrogen is for agitation, the basket which holds the prints is attached via tubes to a burst system
    when you put the basket in the chemicals you set the agitation pressure burst length and pressure to suit.

Basically it is a dip and dunk processor that is used world wide to pocess film of all sorts... Roller transport processors for prints replaced the basket system in the 70's;

No longer in France, but will come back , amazing part of the world .
    UOTE=Rom;1553901]Thanks for the info. Will look at calumet. Sounds good. What is the nitrogen for ?

Are you still in france ? you should stop through lyon ! it's a nice city.[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you use a Nova, there's no problem with developing test strips. You use clips to hold the strips.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Neal View Post
    Dear Rom,

Consider using a single tray and pouring the chemicals in and out. I have enough room for the normal setup but I use it for 16x20 and 20x24 as I find it easier to pour the liquid than to move the larger sheets.

Neal Wydra
    Very good advice.

If you use the one tray method you have all of the chemicals prepared in jugs. If you select a jug of applicable size, you can put the test strips through them before using the tray for the final print. Not only is the single tray method very good for handling large prints but it is also good if you have problems with taking the print out of one tray into another tray without kinking the paper. I have had students who managed to kink 16 x 12 double weight fibre prints in a way that made me think they were handling one of the super thin single weight papers (those made for binding together in books - such a scene of crime evidence, etc) of the past.

By the way, there has been a Nova on the German e-bay for ages that has not sold:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dunkelkammer-...item2a31fa0779

Unfortunately, it is collection only but, even with the travel and accommodation costs of coming to Berlin, it is still a fraction of the cost when buying new.

Hope you find the solution that works for you.

David.
    www.dsallen.de
    D.S. Allen, fotograf.

Neue 3D Ausstellung/New 3D exhibition: www.german-fine-arts.com/berlin.html
    Neue Fotos/New Photos: http://shop.german-fine-arts.com/d-s-allen.html
    Vita/CV: www.german-fine-arts.com/allen.php

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by didjiman View Post
    If you use a Nova, there's no problem with developing test strips. You use clips to hold the strips.
    Jobo employed sticks with suction cups at their ends to manipulate the papers.

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Allen View Post
    Very good advice.

If you use the one tray method you have all of the chemicals prepared in jugs. If you select a jug of applicable size, you can put the test strips through them before using the tray for the final print. Not only is the single tray method very good for handling large prints but it is also good if you have problems with taking the print out of one tray into another tray without kinking the paper. I have had students who managed to kink 16 x 12 double weight fibre prints in a way that made me think they were handling one of the super thin single weight papers (those made for binding together in books - such a scene of crime evidence, etc) of the past.

By the way, there has been a Nova on the German e-bay for ages that has not sold:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dunkelkammer-...item2a31fa0779

Unfortunately, it is collection only but, even with the travel and accommodation costs of coming to Berlin, it is still a fraction of the cost when buying new.

Hope you find the solution that works for you.

David.
    www.dsallen.de
    Dear David and Neal,

Thanks for the advise.

Just a last small question. If i use only one tray, is there any problem of contamination when i pass from the fixer of the first print to the developer of the second print ? (in my case, the washing bath is in the room just next to).

Thanks in advance for your help.

And thanks for the eBay link ! i search on eBay this morning without any results. It could be a nice occasion to pass through berlin.
    All the best,
    Rom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Rom,

Chemicals are transferred from one bath to the next in all schemes. The key is to make sure you don't back up into the developer. You are going to do at least one rinse in the working tray and probably two with a hypo clearing agent in between.

Neal Wydra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin