Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,660   Online: 835

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

vertical bath for paper development ?

Dear all,

I need to relocate my darkroom in a place where i am quite short on place.

To minimize the lenght needed for my 3 baths, i was thinking to use a vertical bath.

Except for the amount of product i will need to fill the tanks, what will be the issues ? Does it already exists this type of tanks ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vertical bath.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	75117

I don't know so much about chemical but is it possible that i can have some variation in the development between the part of the paper which will be at the bottom and the one at the top ?
    All the best,
    Rom

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This is the general concept of a Calumet system I used at school, A basket that had nitrogen burst held the prints and they were traveled from bath to bath.
    It will work for colour or black and white and very possible.

Hey I just drove by your home town on the way in to St Tropez and back to Paris. I really need to visit your city it looked amazing.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there,
    I don't often post here but, yep, they do exist & a company called Nova make some very good ones, either single "trays" or multiple "trays". I have a 4 "bath" fibre paper processor for when I have to relocate to somewhere smaller and the footprint is tiny compared to 4 16"x12" trays.
    Agitation I think is the main issue, it is easier to rock a tray than jiggle a print in the "slot" but something one would get used to.
    Nova darkrooms in the uk make/stock the processors. Hope that is of assistance.

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the info. Will look at calumet. Sounds good. What is the nitrogen for ?

Are you still in france ? you should stop through lyon ! it's a nice city.
    All the best,
    Rom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to own a Nova Trimate slot processor, all done on the up and up.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jobo once made vertical (actually oblique) slot tanks. Either as single unit or in a heated version combined with a rotary processor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rom,
    Since you will call Calumet also check on tray stackers. The advantage (if you have the room) is that if you want to make larger prints ie 16x20 you can stack three trays in just over the space of one. You may already have trays. I happen to have a large sink so with two of the tray stackers that hold 16x20 trays I can have six trays in just over the space of two.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    As others have said, the Nova slot processors are very good at saving space. I have a heated one which is good for developing color photo paper. Here's a link to a dealer in the UK that has some pictures and prices:

http://www.ag-photographic.co.uk/nov...sors-348-c.asp

regards ---john.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been using a Nova slot processor for about 15 years. I have never tried it with fiber prints, only RC. It is a wonderful tool, agitation is not a problem, and it keeps the chemistry fresh for several weeks with floating tubes that seal the slots off. That's great if you just have time to go to the darkroom and make a few prints - just remove the floating tubes and you're ready to go. It also saves on chemistry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a large Nova. Works great. Need to re-set up the wet darkroom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin