Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,489   Online: 1093

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    Page 60 and 61. Press the appropriate buttons on the machine and enter your value from your step wedge around 2.0 to 3.0 or so.

But, you say your step wedge 'standard' only has a single density number indicated for each step?? Then enter that same number for all the color channels on the machine.
    I don't have the step wedge shown in the manual. The step wedge I have is the one I used with my old MacBeth and as far as I know, it was made by the previous owner. It is more of a test strip really, with 9 steps from 0.04 to 1.77. Not really enough I don't think. I have a Stouffer step wedge which I read with my MacBeth. I still have those values (21 steps, 0.05 to 3.05).

I am still baffled by the calibration procedure. I only want to use this device for b&w.

Does anyone in APUG own one of these? I think I need to be walked through this procedure. It sure isn't intuitive.
    Last edited by Doc W; 10-10-2013 at 12:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    RE- read page 61 please. Press the buttons indicated on that page. Then enter 1.77 for all color values. Then make a reading with nothing under the probe then make a reading with your 1.77 under the probe. According to the manual that is all there is to calibrate it.

Then read the strip as in page 19 to see that it reads 1.77 and you know it is calibrated. Use status A and BLACK channel for all your readings.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 10-10-2013 at 04:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Success!

ic, you got me very close, but it still didn't work. The manual neglects to tell the poor user that you must hit the "continue" option between two crucial steps or it just doesn't work. I admit to being somewhat dyslexic when it comes to manuals (seriously! it's no joke) but this manual is really one of the worst.

However, all's well that ends well. Thanks to all for your efforts. A special thanks to ic for encouraging me to focus on being meticulous in following the procedure. It is too bad that all of you can't be here. We could crack open a bottle of ... something... and measure some negatives!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good to see it working. You might want to write down how you did it. I'm good with this sort of thing, but if I don't write it down, a year later I go through all the same exploratory steps to figure it out again (and repeat all the mistakes!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin