Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,816   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    If you shoot that much film and do it often you better off getting a used Noritsu processor. While they are expensive new, you can find good used one for like $2000 as labs are closing and selling them off. They won't do 4x5 but use a lot less chemicals and faster.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Are there some available for cheap/free?
    Free, your such a kidder.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I stumbled upon one on Craigslist. It was a CPA2 with lift. I paid $50.00. :-)

Pardon any typos, I can't spell and I'm using my phone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    For film processing, you might consider a Phototherm Sidekick processor: http://www.phototherm.com/

They are available used, but certainly not for free! Phototherm supports used machines.

And they work fine with Paterson reels.
    Yes, Phototherm is excellent.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    See this article about Jobo machines:
    http://www.catlabs.info/how-to-choos...jobo-processor

and:
    http://www.catlabs.info/why-do-i-need-a-jobo-lift

And this for general info on why you would want such a thing:
    http://www.catlabs.info/product/jobo-cpp3-processor

Lots of good info in this thread.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, never heard of phototherm before. If I have $6000....

I have been using a CPE2+ for 10+ years now. Started with slides, then changed to B&W, just took a detour to color negs, now back to B&W and slides.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow! Thanks guys this is a lot of info. I think my impression of processors was a little different than what they actually are. In my brain I was thinking a small little machine that something at least a meter long and a meter high. Besides the obvious financial factor, there's a space factor, I usually developing my sink because I have no other space to do so.

However I have a small little machine with rollers on it that I received from an APUG member for processing cibichrome along with some cibichrome tubes.

If I'm not as worried about temperature lost during processing, would this be an acceptable option for constant agitation using my Paterson tank?

I know that's a little far from these kind of processors, but after looking at all of this it looks like it's way beyond my budget at this point.

I absolutely love cat labs, after their C-41 separate bleach and fix came out, I contacted them about an E-6 version and they've actually said that they're working on one! A 6 bath E-6 one, I'm very excited! Since I have so much film they offered for me to be a tester for it (still have to pay for the chemistry) since they are still in the beta test version, course doing it by hand doesn't give as accurate results as if I were to use a constant consistent processor.

If anyone happens to be upgrading and wants to make a deal let me know, unfortunately I've traded off all of the camera gear that I really really don't need anymore, and I'm left with just my favorites which I'm not sure I want to give up.

It always comes down to money, I recognize the value in buying the object, because once you have it unless it breaks down you basically don't have to spend anymore money and you're saving money and chemicals, I totally get that, but it's actually attaining the object in the first place that's tough for me right now, it took me a year to save and find a $500 TOYO45a so $1000 processor isn't something that's within my budget anytime soon and I don't want to let this film sit any longer, it is in my fridge so it's at least being kept cold but it's still been over a year with some of this film...

So anyway will that roller machine, it's just a tiny little machine that rolls the cibichrome tubes would that be an acceptable option temporarily. It obviously has no temperature control whatsoever, okay I just start with a higher temperature assuming that it will drop slightly in room temperature?

PS I apologize if some of the spelling is incorrect, I'm dictating through Siri with my iPhone.

Thanks!

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    For C41, you can get away with a couple of degrees of variation. Get a big tub of water (like, 20L, a big sinkful) up to 40C, stick a thermometer and your chemistry bottles in there, and then go to town with the paterson when it hits 38C. It'll be fine. For E6, not so much - you can and often will get lucky, but you can also produce sub-par slides. The variations don't matter in C41 because you can correct density and colour while printing, but slides have no such opportunity for corrections.

If you browse craigslist etc, you can often find cheap Jobos. You're next to NYC FFS, it's not like you're stuck out in Australia or something!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    So anyway will that roller machine, it's just a tiny little machine that rolls the cibichrome tubes would that be an acceptable option temporarily. It obviously has no temperature control whatsoever, okay I just start with a higher temperature assuming that it will drop slightly in room temperature?
    E-6 Has almost no tolerance for temp shift or exposure latitude, so you must have as best temp and agitation control as possible in order to get any meaningful results.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If you already have a motorized roller base then you can use the Jobo 1500 or 2500 series drums to do rotary processing. Works really well for me, I do all formats up to 4x5 and then I do larger sheet film in Cibachrome and Unicolor drums. I figure someday I might spring for a Jobo machine and when I do I'll have all the tanks and reels I need.

I think that a Paterson or other tank would probably leak on a rotary base, I think they're basically designed for inversion processing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin