Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,317   Online: 950

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PKM speaks the truth once again. I rarely use my jobo for color, would rather send it to crc or duggal. makes life easy for b/w though.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    PKM speaks the truth once again. I rarely use my jobo for color, would rather send it to crc or duggal. makes life easy for b/w though.
    And I wouldn't want to use it for B&W since I choose a film and agitation scheme that I like for the results I want that can't be duplicated by a rotary tank.. We are all so different

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adding to what Chris was saying about using constant agitation for color:
    I wouldn't expect it to mess up color, either. C-41 developing is 3:15 with agitation every thirty seconds, so that's close enough to constant as it is!
    I've done all my C-41 so far in tanks, and the changes I've made to my developing that yielded the best results were 1. using a developer starter (applicable only if you're not using a kit), and 2. at PE's recommendation, adding an acid stop after development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would not be shooting 4x5 black and white if I did not run the film in my CPP2, too inconsistent otherwise. With the exception of using a slosher tray ( I also have one ) , you look at how master printers like John Sexton come to rely on rotary consistency and realize just how much that frees up your eye in terms of creative exposure evaluation.

Indeed, we are all different, I find the time, money, gas and film price when shooting 4x5 too expensive to mess around with so I opt for high consistency...that and I probably don't have the same level of patience in trying other sheet film souping methods compared to roll film in tanks which I love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a great conversation. I've been sitting on the fence about trying B&W roller development with one of those little Unirollers like Stone has and then C-41 with a phototherm unit. You guys have convinced me to do it. Thank you all.
    “You seek escape from pain. We seek the achievement of happiness. You exist for the sake of avoiding punishment. We exist for the sake of earning rewards. Threats will not make us function; fear is not our incentive. It is not death that we wish to avoid, but life that we wish to live.” - John Galt

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    What a great conversation. I've been sitting on the fence about trying B&W roller development with one of those little Unirollers like Stone has and then C-41 with a phototherm unit. You guys have convinced me to do it. Thank you all.

Well at least one of my threads have had a positive outcome for once haha!

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Jobo used to brag that film manufacturers (namely kodak) used their processors to establish baselines for consistency. Don't know how much truth there is to that statement, but I wouldn't be surprised.
    It's very true, though kodak nowa days has its own proprietary QA system and materials.... The standard parameters have all been established in a Jobo machine at one point or another in history.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pbromaghin View Post
    Go for it. I started doing it for sheet film but I like the process so much I am moving my roll film development over as well.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Can someone explain JOBO Processors to me?

Quote Originally Posted by adelorenzo View Post
    Go for it. I started doing it for sheet film but I like the process so much I am moving my roll film development over as well.
    Maybe I'll do this with my 5 roll tank? Because I only need enough chemistry to cover to the center of the tank correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the best way to find out exactly how much liquid you need is to take a bum roll of crap film you'll never use (way expired drugstore c-41 is perfect), spool it onto a reel, put it in the tank on the spindle, but don't push it down to the bottom, let it sit in the "top roll" position...as if it were the fifth of 5 reels and put the tank on its side. Add something like 400-500ml of water and hold the tank (with the lid on) parallel to the floor and rotate it (or put it on the roller) if you pull out the film and the whole roll is wet, it's enough. Add on 50ml just to cover your bottom, and there's your figure.

For what it's worth, my jobo drum uses 270ml of chemicals for the 2x 35mm rolls drum. I would extrapolate that for a paterson 5 reeler (I've got one too), you'll probably need about 550ml.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin