Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,178   Online: 1054

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For really complex burns I have a frame about 16x20 openning with a mesh of fine wires crossing the openning so support burn masks.

I take a smaller sized working print and cut it along the line /area that needs the burn, tape it to the wires, mask the areas of the frame it does not cover, and use this as my burner.

Held higher up in the light path it can give almost a perfect fit for complex burns.

The other thing that really helps with burns is a timer that can be actuated by a foot switch.

Soemtimes I make a rubylith overlay so that I can confirm the coverage of the mask in the light path, slide it aside to expose.
    With this I turn the seconds chirper on on the timer and count the burn time in my head during a longer overall exposure to allow the mask to be lined up.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have sheets of black construction paper with a pair of scissors or and Exacto knife at the ready. I also use my hands. That's my favorite burning and dodging too. I like to turn on the enlarger first for a practice run. Get the muscle memory going.
    "Photography, like surfing, is an infinite process, a constantly evolving exploration of life."
    Aaron Chang

Shooter
    Multi Format
    90%, hands. Cardboard cut out with jagged edges for others, usually shaped for an area.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin