Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,045   Online: 753

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Beseler 23C III dichro diffusion chamber

Based on a bit of research online, it's my understanding that the Beseler 23C III dichro head comes with only one diffusion (mixing) chamber for any format up to 6x9. There is only one mix chamber listed in the Beseler part catalog for this head.

Earlier version (prior to III) used 2, one for 35mm and one for medium format.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't answer this, but if you don't mind the thread jack, I'm amazed how much I like the condenser head on the 23CII. I'd always been prejudiced against condensers but it works like a charm.

Now back to your originally scheduled thread...
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I retrofitted my Beseler 23CII XL condenser head with a Dichro S diffuser. It came with only one mixing chamber that worked for formats from 35 mm to 6x9 mm. However, I lost three full stops of exposure (some exposures were over 2 minutes), so I purchased an after market "light multiplier" on e-Bay. B&H sells it, too. It works for 35 mm (i.e., I got back my three stops and then some), but nothing larger (I use 6x6 format). If you work primarily with 35 mm, purchasing the multiplier even at B&H's price of $45 (plus shipping) is worth it. I'm trying to figure out how I can configure the original mixing chamber so it will work for 6x6 without a significant loss of light. In the meantime, I have a Beseler 45S for MF & LF.

If you decide to buy a second-hand light multiplier, be sure both pieces are included. I've seen e-Bay auctions that only include the mixing chamber and not the metal column.
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a 23C with a 23dga color head and diffuser mixing chamber. I found a 35mm light multiplier set on ebay (mixing chamber with smaller diameter diffuser plates, and metal column). Where does the metal column go and how is it installed? It came with no directions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin