Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,234   Posts: 1,532,936   Online: 998

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    Mr. Gebhart, I am not sure what device you have there, but how am I to properly align the whole enlarger with a bent negative stage?
    It sits on the negative stage, but if it's slightly bent it won't matter. It will give you a smooth surface for the negative carrier to sit. The screws on the side provide a pressure fit against the frame of the enlarger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails _DSC8122.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the offer . . .I did go to that site and that stuff is expensive. I got a PM about a part. Thanks again.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You can have any machine shop with a decent milling machine, or in this day and age, more likely a CNC rig, fabricate you something precise out of thick aluminum plate. If you only have a woodworking drill press etc in your own shop, it is easier to use highly reinforced types of phenolic like Garolite. But it's pretty damn easy to improve upon the original Omega platforms. Durst is a harder act to follow.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Where are you? I have a D5XL with a dicro II head, a turret, and all the neg carriers (eleven of them) and lens mounts one would ever need and I cannot hardly give the thing away in a metro area of six million people.

Seriously, I am not saying you need to buy mine, but in ten years, I could have found you 15-20 for anywhere from $50 to free. And, yes, some people want $500 for them, but they don't sell. You are going to go to a lot of trouble, and just as much expense to try and repair the thing as just getting another chassis - if not a whole enlarger. Just my opinion ...
    Gotta agree with David here. There was a guy in greenville who had four of these he had pulled out of a lab, put them on craigslist and couldn't get rid of them. They even had Ilford 500 MG heads. I thought about driving to greenville just to grab the heads. I think he finally junked them. I probably see at least one if these every two months popping up locally. I cant believe you cant find one. Its so sad that no one wants this stuff anymore.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin