Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,814   Online: 866

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Jobo 2400 daylight processing tank demo vid

Check out our latest video tutorial shot live in Chicago, IL - This demo shows how to use the Jobo 2400 system tank to process a film in the field with no need for changing bag or darkroom!

Or here:
    http://youtu.be/Ke59ONajwrM
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you.
    I never used mine; so far I do not see the advantage of any daylight-loading tank, not even for travelling. But I would be interested to be proved wrong on this...

I mean, the additional volume/weight of a changing bag does not count against all the other photo stuff one schlepps around. So why use a daylight-loading tank which in itself is not very economic on volume/film?
    Last edited by AgX; 11-03-2013 at 02:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    A funny video, but it does seem a bit like a solution in search of a problem. On a critical trip one would carry a changing bag anyway, to cope with any camera or film-winding failures or for loading a 120 film dev-tank or (very usefully) a tank for multiple 135 rolls. Stuffed inside the (dry) tank the bag takes up no room, and yes - I have done it for real.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stuffed inside the (dry) tank the bag takes up no room
    But where do store those reels then?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinP View Post
    A funny video, but it does seem a bit like a solution in search of a problem.
    While this might be true in this day and age, this tank was designed to do exactly what it does, allow folks to process a roll of film on the spot, with high speed, one step developers. Back then the film and chemistry had basically no cost, and what was important was if you had the image. News room eventually got automated minilab processors for color film, but this is a low fi, go in between that would have meant a first lady had her eyes open or closed for tomorrows early edition cover.

In any case - its oh so cool - so why not see how it works?
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In any case - its oh so cool - so why not see how it works?
    Well, I expect the next video on the Rondinax and Rondax tanks then...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    But where do store those reels then?
    When the reel halves are apart they take up almost no room. I'd put them in plastic bags among clothing. Keeping the reels in the tank just meant that it was full of air instead of something useful.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you use the System 1000 you can stick each reel together in a way that both flanges lie next to each other. If you take off that extra, white clamp you can place both reel pairs on the column that there still will be quite some useful space in the tank.

The System 1500 reels cannot be put together flange to flange.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very interesting. I enjoyed the video and can see where that tank could be of use. I don't know that my work-flow (when it exists) could take advantage of it, but it is nice to see such an option existed. I supposed if I had one roll I wanted to develop on a lazy day, that tank might be great as I'd not have to mess with a bag and other items. If doing more than one roll, I think it would be more efficient to pull out the changing bag and multi-reel tanks.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I fail to see how one would daylight load and process 120, 220 and 4"x5" film. Something is missing here. I will continue to use a changing room bag.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin