Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,383   Online: 1029

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by drpops View Post
    I am having trouble loading my 35mm 36 exposure rolls into my ansco plastic tank. I have no difficulty loading the 24 exposure roll into the reel. The reel features the ratchet system of the Paterson type tank. The ansco is definitely old......however it may have seen 100 rolls of film. Is it the 36 exposure causing trouble or would the Paterson tank simplify and ease the process. I have been reluctant to switch to stainless steel tanks.....unless this is the answer.
    Thanks for the guidance.....my last roll was the roll from hell.

David
    make sure ,the reels are really dry. any humidity(residual droplets of water)will make the film stick to the reel.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks to all for the insight.

My difficulty is that as I get the film engaged and happily going on the reel. The effort went up significantly and then the film "buckled" out of the outermost track on the plastic reel. I tried numerous times using both ends of the film and trimming to 45 degrees........finally got the roll on such that the last 10 inches or so were outside the largest track. I then carefully developed and voila.....the film developed all the frames, but there was damage to the plastic film from the buckling.

I then tried another roll AFTER reading all the insightful remarks.....no problem, but the effort at the end was larger than I would have liked but it worked.

Since the reel is of a variable format design, in going forward, I may equip myself with a purpose sized film carrier for 35mm'

thanks to all
    David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin