Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,055   Online: 948

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Zone VI Mark II Enlarger (a possible steal for someone)

Sadly, this is local pickup only in Michigan so it does me no good but this buy it now price looks unreal to me. I have no affiliation...I just thought that this information might benefit someone on APUG.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ZONE-VI-5x7-...item2584a505be
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And in Marquette to boot. Also be aware, this seller has already parted it out. It does not include things like the timer, contrast controller, carriers, lensboards, etc. A nice unit to be sure. Sadly as there probably aren't too many people up there that would be interested in it, and they won't ship it, I fear it will probably be scrapped.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Assuming he is the one who parted it out, he probably maximized his return. Unfortunately, in my opinion, what is left becomes a pretty expensive proposition for the next owner as they try to fill in the blanks. I have this enlager and wouldn't mind owning something like this for spare parts, however not for $500. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, I had corresponded with the woman selling it for her husband last spring, when it was the entire unit and all parts including carriers for 35 and at least 645 and two Rodenstocks. Then they were looking for $1500. The price gradually dropped on both CL and the Bay until $1100 when they began listing it in parts. I think that they sold the timer and controller for $175 each. I was willing to drive
    up to buy it but couldn't afford it for the asking price given the 9 hour trip each way and fuel costs. As you said, not really worth $500 unless you didn't have to travel very far and already have all of the other parts.
    If you call it a "prime lens" because it's a fixed-focal length (i.e. not a zoom lens), then as Inigo Montoya said so eloquently, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ugh...sorry. I shoulda read more carefully. I didn't realize how incomplete it was.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin