Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,627   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Where can I get one of these tanks

Hi all, I'm looking for one of these but in the uk rather than the USA

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ge_Tank_5.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Not the exact subsitute, but people use wine bladders for storing chemicals, if that's what you are looking for.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Gareth,

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Jones View Post
    Hi all, I'm looking for one of these but in the uk rather than the USA

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ge_Tank_5.html
    I have already seen these PET tanks, including floating lid, in winemakers cellars, and at winemakers supplies shops.
    Maybe easier to find if ever you cross the channel until a wine producing region

The potential problem will be about the capacity, wine storage models have often about 100L minimal storage capacity. What size are you looking for, about 25L ?

Best regards,

Raphael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerevan View Post
    Not the exact subsitute, but people use wine bladders for storing chemicals, if that's what you are looking for.
    Even better is the same kind of bladder, but you can buy them with Spring Water in them, so you don't have to worry about trying to wash all the wine out...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fwiw, I use 5 gallon buckets from lowes, home depot, etc with a 1.2" spigot installed at the bottom. $7 total.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    35mm
    This looks like the very large 5 gallon( U.K gallon) or 25L plastic tank with a tap dispenser. If I am right then a home-brew shop or mail order would seem to be the best place. Not sure what you want to keep in such a container but if it is developer or fixer I'd be wary of oxidisation especially with developer.

Much better are the wine-bladder in boxes stuff. Google "polypins". These are small to very large bladders in boxes with taps which prevents any oxidisation. The only snag is that I think there is a minimum order quantity but it is worth investigating

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Also Google "emergency water storage" you will find quite a few in varying capacities with and without spigots. We have a 7-gal here at home with a spigot along with several stackable 2.5 gallon stackables.. easier to lug around.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi everyone and thanks for the replies.

I don't need massive tanks just to keep a small amount of stock of chemicals I.e. Developer stop etc for when I get chance to get into my dark room.

I plan to have a few days worth since my time is limited to a few hours each day so I just want to pour out what I need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Much easier to mix your quantity and then decant it into smaller bottles, 500mL or 1L. Chemicals are then always at the peak of freshness, even after a year. It's so easy to find green glass 1L mineral water bottles.
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

joh

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    fotoimpex in germany has this tanks......
    http://www.fotoimpex.de/shopen/syste...che=1384407174
    If you want to store developer in it, the aditional floating lid might be good.
    I use one of these tanks since 15 years.....
    Last edited by joh; 11-14-2013 at 12:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin