Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,971   Posts: 1,523,553   Online: 775

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Well I have single suitcase only and no foam, but the lack of it doesn't make me happier. I'll keep in mind 20x enlargement when stumbling onto one of those in an auction site.
    Use the Force, Luke!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Over here you can get sliced pieces of foam rubber at those large DIY-supply stores and at workshops specialized in custom-cut foam for upholstery etc. You also can get that sound absorbtion foam with conical surface strucrture and even that cubicle-cut foam. I assume the supply situation is the same in Poland.

But restoring the kit would only make sense if you want to re-gain the original state or even improve it for carrying around.

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    It's not about the new foam, really, but about the imprints in an old one, so that I'll know the safe arrangement of parts in the case. Upholstery folks have plenty of different foams here, there is at least one workshop in every town, and it's not an issue to buy a piece this way or another.

Do you remember if there were light-tightness issues with your model? The ceiling is illuminated quite brightly with what I have, so maybe instead of tinkering, I should look for a model with the head, that yours come with and just get rid of mine?

Thanks for the replies
    Use the Force, Luke!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No soviet enlarger-in-a-suitcase I know of has a contoured foam insert. Nor seems any to have special fixtures aside of those slits in the walls of the case to accept the collumn.

I did not check my enlarger for light leaks yet. It is a different model than yours anyway.

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    It's not about the contoured foam but about imprints. Yups, I know the models differ, but I have two UPA-725 sets available cheaply ATM, auctions end in about a week.
    Use the Force, Luke!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What do you mean by imprints? Sketches?
    As long as there are no fixtures or padded inserts, no scheme to arrange the content will guarantee safe transport.
    Though typically such case is carried by its handle, thus most heaviest parts should be located at the lower wall.

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    This sort of stuff:
    http://www.pxleyes.com/images/contes...e77c_hires.jpg
    just made by the enlarger on the foam.
    Use the Force, Luke!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin