Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,956   Posts: 1,586,038   Online: 784

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole

UPA-6E ZENIT (YNA-6E ZENITH) enlarger, is there any manual available?

Hi all!

This is simple yes or no question, but it may as well turn into one of those longer discussions.

I have this marvelous deadweight for years now, but I have some questions that should be answered in the original manual. Parameters, maintenance, adjusting autofocus, proposed arrangement of parts in the suitcase, since mine suitcase has no foam left. I just need to know the basic stuff, that's the important part.

I've seen UPA-5 manual already, and the design in most aspects differs a lot.

If there's any proud user of this particular enlarger, I'd be more, tan glad to hear any advice, like how she or he deals with light leaks, what types and formats of paper are being used, if the grain is sharp or not, what lightbulb should I use when the original, oddly-shaped tungsten one will break etc. I'm interested in all the odds, in all the guts of working with this tool, mostly how to avoid the errors and hidden traps. Also, I need a fair word about print quality, best if with examples, and if it's reasonable to even start tinkering wit this tank-like creature, or should I simply sell it and look for some other suitcase enlarger that would be up to standards.

I still have to get my hands on proper set of trays and multigrade filters, so it's nothing urgent.
    Use the Force, Luke!

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is that enlarger made by the KMZ company? I could not find any hint at that.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    If YNA is Russian , it becomes UNA not UPA in English. Can you give the name of the lens also ?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That UPA-5 enlarger is one of those simple (or ingenious) out-of-box enlargers, not a autofocus one as the OP is inquiring on.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    That UPA-5 enlarger is one of those simple (or ingenious) out-of-box enlargers, not a autofocus one as the OP is inquiring on.
    My "Raduga" UPA-5 is apparently identical to the one in Mustafa Umut Sarac's video. It is autofocus and well made, except for that foam case lining. Its Industar f/3.5 50mm lens outperforms a few of the Omega lenses that I've encountered. I can provide a copy of the meager 8-page instruction booklet if anyone needs one.

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    YNA-6E, N shaped oddly, so I reckon it's P, and whole name is UPA-6E. Russian H is latin N FWIK.

Lens is marked N50Y, so it becomes I50U (another kind of N letter ), meaning it's Industar, well-respected lens indeed. If it's good enough, I guess I have one thing less to worry about. At least two of the elements are coated with purple tint on a coated element, M39 mount, no stops on aperture ring and it looks like a funnel.

Whole upper body design is totally different, than UPA-5. It's heavy, cast, cubical, big chunk, painted with grayish paint. Closer to UPA-603, but the set of accessories is different - timer and lamp are different, the body and the suitcase seems the same though.
    Here's 603 model, possibly incomplete:
    http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8...foto056ii4.jpg

I'm able to get 18x28cm print size without using provided 45 deg. mirror or swinging the head, so maximum magnification seems to be lower, than 8x, that UPA-5 manual states, and it's a tiny bit below what I'd be happy with (10x). But with a mirror, who knows... Also, there is one more negative frame, than what UPA-5 manual says - I have four.
    Light leaks are horrific, but, I hope, manageable.

Thanks guys!
    Use the Force, Luke!

q_x
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Found this - not much of a help apart from proving the fact, that the machine exists:
    http://www.photohistory.ru/index.php...07248184774925
    Use the Force, Luke!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Horrific light leaks are not good to hear. You will invest lots of money to papers and we want you to gain most success. Try to invest a Leitz lens or Leitz Focomat enlarger with Leitz lens. If you manage to use it , you gain most from the pictures. What is your camera and lens , film and developer ?

Shooter
    35mm
    NO ! If they are a fool like me who soled his for way to cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin