Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,766   Online: 802

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ah sorry mixed up my terminology by baffles I meant bellows. I took the head apart, took the bulb out, checked the mirrors, and made sure the head was aligned when I screwed the head back on. I couldn't find anything noticeably wrong with it. I did find out that the bellows attach to the circular metal piece which is also responsible for the weird circle of light. The bellows in turn seem to be creating the square lighted areas. Both shift in and out of focus as I adjust the focus knob.

Hmm thanks for the insight Cybertrash. I would love to hear from other M605 owners to see if they experience the same thing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Could the circle be caused by either the lens panel not being fully seated, or the lens not being seated in the panel? The lens panel is usually secured by a single screw and a lip on the casting at the bottom of the bellows. Try removing and re-seating it. If you have an Ilford Multigrade filter holder attached around the lens, check that also to ensure there is no light leak where it attaches. Since the circle is outwith your print area, it shouldn't be a problem, but it would be nice to get rid of it. Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm inclined to agree with Alex. I've been using Durst enlargers for over 40 years and haven't seen this.

Ian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To get to the lens panel light first has to pass the film stage. And there is only one rectangular opening (for the film frame). Furthermore the film stage is protruding beyond the casing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could you post a picture of the inside of the bellows looking up with the enlarge lamp off? I'd just ignore the projected ring of light if nothing is loose or falling apart or assembled incorrectly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Alex, thanks for the suggestions I tried both but still no changes unfortunately. I've attached a photo of the inside of the bellows and as you can see the circle shape is caused by the bellows holder. I'm just not sure how that is happening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inside of bellows.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	319.9 KB 
ID:	77314

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Compare the two images and you've found where the light's coming from.

It won't be there when the correct Durst negative carrier is inserted as that masks down tightly to the 6x6 format.

Ian

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If I'm right that moulded part is not the format insert , but the film stage itself. And this is larger than the condensor housing.
    How could light pass that stage and project an image of the contour of the bellows plate?

Could it be that the masking plates are retracted too much so that light spills through their guides?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    If I'm right that moulded part is not the format insert , but the film stage itself. And this is larger than the condensor housing.
    How could light pass that stage and project an image of the contour of the bellows plate?

Could it be that the masking plates are retracted too much so that light spills through their guides?
    The negative carriers for the M601, 605, 670 etc don't allow this light to spill. So the OP needs to be clearer.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 11-22-2013 at 02:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I get same ring with Omega enlarger. It is internal reflection not of consequence once one places film in the negative carrier and hence light path. Don't worry. Be happy.
    Andre Noble, Beverly Hills California http://andrenoble.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin