Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,732   Online: 897

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I piggyback 120's on my paterson reels, I use the end tape from the 2nd roll to attach it to the bare end of the first...I found it easier to load it all as one piece than 2 distinct rolls and the spacer.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
    No, the 2509 reels do have issues sometimes, they are nothing to do with Expert Dums which are really like a revolver with a set of tubes encased in a cylinder.

Stone, The processor you have is as stated a CPE, the tempering bath that accompanied it is called a TPE, they were later merged to become the CPE2.

I have a TPE but use it for my 35mm and Roll Film stand and semi stand processing as the film tank sits in the waterbath and temperature is maintained over the development time.

I also have a CPE2 which I no longer use and would have been ideal for you but for two exceptions, 1) it is 240 volt and 2) it is in the UK.

The reason I no longer use the CPE2 is that a year or so ago I was fortunate to find a late model CPP2 with lift in mint condition on ebay for 450 Euros delivered from Germany, I really lucked in with that and since buying it have no longer any need for the CPE2.

So, you need to keep a look out on ebay or Craigslist for either a TPE or a cheap CPE2.

Oh and to those that say they do not use a Jobo reel to process 2x 120 or 2x 20 exp of 35mm on a single reel, I do it all the time and it does not cause me any problems.
    Good to know, thank!

Well mine is also 240 euro plug, the previous owner was German/Austrian I believe, I have to get an adapter for US for this one. However, getting it from Europe would be costly I assume. Of course I would trade and give mine to an up and coming APUG member as a "pay it forward" should I come into a newer model.

Thanks.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Everything is wrong? The only thing I was mistaken about was the 4x5 tank, man. IN MY EXPERIENCE doing double 120s is a bitch, and I don't bother, the only "heresay" was on the singular aforementioned point, which I already identified as an error on my part. I love my CPP2, I use it every time I'm in my darkroom.
    I was saying you got both the processor model wrong, and the reels wrong, I was also teasing you and in fun not in anger sorry that didn't come across properly.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I was saying you got both the processor model wrong, and the reels wrong, I was also teasing you and in fun not in anger sorry that didn't come across properly.
    Nah it's cool, I think there was some misunderstanding somewhere on page 3 where it was assumed that I was referring to your machine as a CPP2, when in fact I meant my own. I have the expert drums for my machine, and they are great...I use the big guy for 20x24" prints. Though there is a dearth of info floating around out there on the numerous and varied ways of doing sheet film processing with a jobo, both orthodox and unorthodox.

--

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Nah it's cool, I think there was some misunderstanding somewhere on page 3 where it was assumed that I was referring to your machine as a CPP2, when in fact I meant my own. I have the expert drums for my machine, and they are great...I use the big guy for 20x24" prints. Though there is a dearth of info floating around out there on the numerous and varied ways of doing sheet film processing with a jobo, both orthodox and unorthodox.
    Is there such a thing as stand development in printing paper? No that could be interesting talk about unorthodox...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Is there such a thing as stand development in printing paper?
    No, unless the paper I pulled directly from the developer, to the trash counts. For some reason, when I turn on the lights to look at those, they're completely black...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    No, unless the paper I pulled directly from the developer, to the trash counts. For some reason, when I turn on the lights to look at those, they're completely black...
    Well you're probably not diluting the developer enough...

I wonder, with the proper dilution, if it's possible... Well, that particular experiment will have to wait.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not as drastic as with film, but there have been times where I have left a print in the developer for upwards of 10-15 minutes to eke out that last bit of highlight detail. This is very, very rare, but it does work when you need it to.

Using the 3063 drum is great for 20x24 prints because I don't need to line up as many trays in my sink. I develop and stop in the drum, and transfer into a 20x24 tray for double fixing baths, and then move to a holding bath which accumulates prints until the time comes for toning and permawash.

--

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ....there have been times where I have left a print in the developer for upwards of 10-15 minutes to eke out that last bit of highlight detail.
    Without any agitation? I don't see how you'd get even development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Without any agitation? I don't see how you'd get even development.
    No...intermittent agitation after first five minutes...so not stand, but long dev times do exist.

Quick, someone talk about lith printing

--

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin