Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,210   Online: 956

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've never thought of doing it that way, Chris. Generally, to eke out the detail, I'll use some warmer developer and Q-Tips. Thanks for another option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I've never thought of doing it that way, Chris. Generally, to eke out the detail, I'll use some warmer developer and Q-Tips. Thanks for another option.
    i hear you eddie,
    even blowing hot air / rubbing works for me ..
    or ... burning in AFTER something has been in the developer for a whle ...
    it goes under the negative/lined up than burned in and redeveloped

i've heard of super dilute paper developer for like 12mins, but strangely enough i don't have the patience to do that ..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, Stone's got plenty of hot air
    No jobo required.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Okay, so I got a plug in order to convert the euro style plug to the normal one, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything, I can get the wire to sheet up, but the motor itself doesn't spin but I'm not sure what is going to button so not sure what I'm supposed to do... I can't find a darn manual for the original version
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Ugh, it seems that finding a power transformer is a much more difficult task then I had anticipated...

The processor as I mentioned is a European style power supply, it runs off of 220 V 50 Hz and 150 W, that last number of the 150 W, is the thing that's causing me trouble, most of the available transformers that I can find are only 85 W

Neither RadioShack your Home Depot carry something as high as 150W ugh, stupid power...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get two transformers and switch them in parallel.

Or use one for the motor and set the heater directly onto the 110V and use pre-heated water for the bath.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    why do people even bother trying to find anything in stores?
    I worked at a retail camera store for years and never understood why poeple walked in to a corporate chain, paid more for stuff. to be sold by folks who dont care, and then to top it off pay sales tax, when they could have ordered something online, got for A LOT less and not paid any tax... not had to talk to annoying pushy sales reps... well i am rambling.

Ebay baby - Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200w-Watt-St...item35cdb309b0

Or if you want a nicer unit, with all kinds of other little cool added benefits:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Bright...item5af7da57f3

How much was thay 85w at radio shack?
    Obviously, stone has found that 220V machines require that voltage regardless of the plug.
    Now to really fry this pickle, you will want to find out if the machine is strictly 50Hrz or 60Hrz. While all modern Jobo processors are dual cycles, this one might not be, but at worst this might just shorten the lift span of the electronics. Label should indicate what the Hrz range is.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Oh i forgot to mention, you want to have at least twice the wattage on the transformer, as when the thermostat clicks in it might spike and draw double the wattage, causing a fuse to pop, the 500W would be even better in that sense. And it would serve as an additional outlet for, well anything.
    CatLABS of JP

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That Jobo processor is rated 50Hz.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    That Jobo processor is rated 50Hz.
    That then is truly a bummer. It might not work at all even with the correct voltage, or if it does might cause damage to the unit (electronics and motor, not heater coil) over a short, or long ish period of time. The motor will run 20% faster, not a big deal in this case.

You can google the effects of appliances rated for 50Hrz plugged into 60Hrz sockets, or one of the MANY electrically inclined users can chime in with a proper scientific explanation.
    CatLABS of JP

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin