Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,445   Online: 783

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

JOBO Processor care package... Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Ugh, it seems that finding a power transformer is a much more difficult task then I had anticipated...

The processor as I mentioned is a European style power supply, it runs off of 220 V 50 Hz and 150 W, that last number of the 150 W, is the thing that's causing me trouble, most of the available transformers that I can find are only 85 W

Neither RadioShack your Home Depot carry something as high as 150W ugh, stupid power...
    Ok had to order one from china... Hope it gets here before Christmas...

Not sure I understand the hertz thing, hope mine is ok, I got a 300w one, I wasn't sure if 500w would be "too much" but after purchase, someone explained that doesn't matter... Well hope the 300 is good enough.

The Motor physically turns when plugged into my normal socket, but obviously very very weak and slow.
    Last edited by StoneNYC; 11-24-2013 at 06:56 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    a gazilion of those are sold fromwitin the US for the same price.... In any case, did you read the above posts RE Hrz?
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    50Hz

What kind of electronics are at that old processor? I guess(!) none (aside of spark-radiation damping).

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    a gazilion of those are sold fromwitin the US for the same price.... In any case, did you read the above posts RE Hrz?
    Just saw them... I don't really understand electrical stuff, also the links you sent appear to be opposite what I needed, I need an American male plug and a female euro outlet
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The seond one got a US-inlet and a female plug that could take that Jobo male plug (depending on the diameter of those two holes).
    Though NOT electrically safe! in that case.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    The seond one got a US-inlet and a female plug that could take that Jobo male plug (depending on the diameter of those two holes).
    Though NOT electrically safe! in that case.
    I got this thing...

http://bit.ly/1c3Cokm

Shooter
    Multi Format

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In any case where you should be able to get that german plug in, it will not be safe (to german standard...) as you will be able to still touch those poles when at voltage as there is no rim around that socket.

EDIT:
    I understand that is typical for US outlets. So no actual problem...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The links i sent, were for higher wattage at half the price.
    What Jnaian suggested is exactly whats in my second link, though buying on Ebay is always safer then any un recognized (to me) online retailer.

In both links are Two way transformers UP/DOWN, and the second has an "american" plug on its wire, so you can plug it in here, and has 1 US 110V outlet at the front, and a UNIVERSAL multi socket next to it, which will take pretty much anything (ecxept for GERMAN, which is why they supply the german standard third pole contact adapter with it) in case you want to use it in Germany and maintain the ground.

AGX - i have never seen the inside of this model, but you might be right about it having a very simple circuit. We can only ask Stone to post a photo of the board if there is one at all.

We use several 2000W units in house.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might want to sell that unit to someone that has 220/50 and get a USA version.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin