Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,912   Posts: 1,584,692   Online: 680

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    The links i sent, were for higher wattage at half the price.
    What Jnaian suggested is exactly whats in my second link, though buying on Ebay is always safer then any un recognized (to me) online retailer.

In both links are Two way transformers UP/DOWN, and the second has an "american" plug on its wire, so you can plug it in here, and has 1 US 110V outlet at the front, and a UNIVERSAL multi socket next to it, which will take pretty much anything (ecxept for GERMAN, which is why they supply the german standard third pole contact adapter with it) in case you want to use it in Germany and maintain the ground.

AGX - i have never seen the inside of this model, but you might be right about it having a very simple circuit. We can only ask Stone to post a photo of the board if there is one at all.

We use several 2000W units in house.
    Ugh, I bought it before you guys had posted that link.

I'm not super confident but I don't want to buy TWO if I don't have to...

Crap, I'll send them an email but I about they will stop shipment
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You might want to sell that unit to someone that has 220/50 and get a USA version.
    Well it was basically a gift, I don't want to turn around and sell it right off the bat...

Let's see how it goes...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I posted the link right after your radio shack post. It has not changed.
    You can easily cancel an ebay transaction, most sellers prefer to cancel then to fight with a customer.

While this is a personal matter, i do agree that a 220V and 50Hrz machine would better serve someone who has that power rating coming out of his wall, and at the end of the day, you might only be spending 24$ on a power transformer, but it might still end up not being able to use it, or worse, damaging it (though that is yet to be exactly determined).

Either way - you are now on the right track, good luck.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I posted the link right after your radio shack post. It has not changed.
    You can easily cancel an ebay transaction, most sellers prefer to cancel then to fight with a customer.

While this is a personal matter, i do agree that a 220V and 50Hrz machine would better serve someone who has that power rating coming out of his wall, and at the end of the day, you might only be spending 24$ on a power transformer, but it might still end up not being able to use it, or worse, damaging it (though that is yet to be exactly determined).

Either way - you are now on the right track, good luck.
    Thanks, I assume the kind gentleman who sold it to me has been using it just fine, he said of the two he had, this had the stronger motor, I'm not sure what that means in terms of if he had one that was euro and one that was American, and that he had the perception that the euro one had a stronger motor, or if he had replaced the motor with a better one, or if these processors came in different motor strengths either way he sent me the stronger motor of the two.

I suppose I can just use this one until it gives out, and then I can maybe at that point step it up to one with water bath for the dev bottles etc.

The irony is, The whole reason I've never had a processor to begin with, is obviously partially because of the money, but actually mostly because I've never seen one in person and didn't quite understand the concept, nor how they function, nor why they were better, it just made no sense to me, and no one had any really good pictures of them, it's amazing for a community of people who do nothing but take photographs how poorly documented some photography equipment is in terms of showing people what things look like online when you are shoping. I've never once seen an actual detailed image of a JOBO processor, explaining what each thing function is etc. they are always faraway pictures, and never when the product is actually being used, had I seen a picture of a Job oh processor working, with the water bath in the unit, running, or maybe even better an instructional video, but again not far away where some guy is holding the thing in a wide angle image, but I mean the close-up video of the process it would help a lot to actually understand what the heck they're usefulness is.

It's only after actually having one in front of me that I'm able to even understand, and this is obviously the first model, which only has two functions on and off and that's it.

I also don't understand the whole lift gate thing, especially since it appears you could just lift the thing out of the water, unless there something specific about the newer models that allows The machine to actually drain each hose in and out anyway that you could walk away from the processor and come back and it would have finished the whole development process for you including stop and fix... Now that would be worth $3,000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Youtube has about 1,000 videos of Jobos in action. Here's one:

The one's you think might be worth about $3,000 are the ATL machines. I have an ATL2. Once programmed, you push start, and can come back when it's finished.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You might want to sell that unit to someone that has 220/50 and get a USA version.
    If there ever was a 110V/60Hz version of that processor.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Stone, you assume a great deal, about a great many thingsand you know what they say about assumptions.

Youtube is littered with highly detailed Jobo videos including one of a guy talking for about 45 minutes detailing each and every aspect nook and cranny of his CPP2 machine, and a full line up of drums. There is absolutely no shortage of highly detailed information, including but not limited to photos about Jobo machines and various other "things" you often mention you do not understand due to lack of exposure.
    And that is not mentioning the various videos on our channel dealing directly and in details with the Jobo system.

There are endless threads on APUG, LFF, Photo.net, rangefunder forum, and various other sources discussing at length and in great details pretty much any and all photographic system in existence, including Jobo processors and tanks.

If you just missed all of the above, you can find on our website, that there are two detailed articles that would quickly answer pretty much all of your questions at least about the subject at hand. You can find them here:
    http://www.catlabs.info/how-to-choos...jobo-processor
    and
    http://www.catlabs.info/why-do-i-need-a-jobo-lift

Forget assumptions, stick to facts - when in doubt - ask google. Because google knows everything, if that fails, ask an APUGer, then be ready to verify their answer on google, as demonstrated with the transformer thing above.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Stone, you assume a great deal, about a great many thingsand you know what they say about assumptions.

Youtube is littered with highly detailed Jobo videos including one of a guy talking for about 45 minutes detailing each and every aspect nook and cranny of his CPP2 machine, and a full line up of drums. There is absolutely no shortage of highly detailed information, including but not limited to photos about Jobo machines and various other "things" you often mention you do not understand due to lack of exposure.
    And that is not mentioning the various videos on our channel dealing directly and in details with the Jobo system.

There are endless threads on APUG, LFF, Photo.net, rangefunder forum, and various other sources discussing at length and in great details pretty much any and all photographic system in existence, including Jobo processors and tanks.

If you just missed all of the above, you can find on our website, that there are two detailed articles that would quickly answer pretty much all of your questions at least about the subject at hand. You can find them here:
    http://www.catlabs.info/how-to-choos...jobo-processor
    and
    http://www.catlabs.info/why-do-i-need-a-jobo-lift

Forget assumptions, stick to facts - when in doubt - ask google. Because google knows everything, if that fails, ask an APUGer, then be ready to verify their answer on google, as demonstrated with the transformer thing above.
    I googled it and didn't find any of these, thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I googled it and didn't find any of these, thanks.
    Instead of Google, you could have just clicked on the CatLabs link in his signature.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

JOBO Processor care package... Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Instead of Google, you could have just clicked on the CatLabs link in his signature.
    Unfortunately the Tapatalk app doesn't show signatures of people, so I didn't know that he had any kind of link in his signature.

I've been to his site, but only on my phone, and it isn't easy to navigate on the phone, and being that it's all black and very dark gray text it's hard to see, I didn't really see anything that indicated there are any videos, and all the jobo products seem to be out of stock hah!

I really like the cat logo though

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin