Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,924   Posts: 1,522,113   Online: 763

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Surely you have an actual computer, Stone. I've read your comments numerous times now re: using your phone to view responses here that have contextual information that is best seen on a screen with more real-estate. Check up on your active threads on a legitimate piece of hardware from time to time.
    See my work at my website CHRISTOPHER LANGE PHOTOGRAPHY

or my snaps at my blog MINIMUM DENSITY
    --
    If you don't have it, then you don't have it.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lange View Post
    Surely you have an actual computer, Stone. I've read your comments numerous times now re: using your phone to view responses here that have contextual information that is best seen on a screen with more real-estate. Check up on your active threads on a legitimate piece of hardware from time to time.
    Now now assuming that I must check someone's signature line to gain information is kind of unfair. And besides trust me this phone IS a legitimate piece of equipment. If you haven't realized that the world is moving towards portable devices then I wish you luck in the future. Lol

Anyway I just don't have the time to be sitting around in front of the computer reading threads.

I've been living in an entirely different state for work and will be until December 10, I only come home on the weekends, and if I have time to even think while getting the rest of my stuff done, the last thing I'm going to be doing is sitting in front of a computer unless I'm scanning film.

So, my not using a computer is mostly about being in proximity to it...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Anyway I just don't have the time to be sitting around in front of the computer reading threads.
    Does this mean you want us to do this for you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    you are pretty funny and rude ..
    Ես այլեւս չի պատասխանելու իմ էլեկտրոնային փոստով
    եթե դուք պետք է ինձ դիմեք ինձ միջոցով իմ կայքը կամ բլոգում

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You average about 250 posts a month. You seem to find the time for that, but not to do even the most basic research into equipment you buy?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    you are pretty funny and rude ..
    I'm not sure what you mean by rude, what I meant was that I don't have the time to sit in my room in front of my computer most of my posting and discussion happens in between things I'm doing around the house or out in the world, that's why I post often, but what I meant was is that I just didn't have the time to sit and turn on the computer and go through threads and posts and reply well sitting in a chair that's all I meant.

It's why I use my iPhone.
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    You average about 250 posts a month. You seem to find the time for that, but not to do even the most basic research into equipment you buy?
    I don't know what you're talking about, I did lots of research, I just didn't find what I was looking for, apparently I'm bad at searches, I also have not really used YouTube, I thought it was mostly videos of cats and people crying about Brittany spears, not instructional videos.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Okay so apparently people have misunderstood my statement about not having time.

What I meant was that I don't often sit in front of my computer, when I'm posting and I'm posting through my phone because I'm out and about doing things, I just don't want to sit in front of the computer for one or two hours reading through posts because it's just inefficient, i'm simply being efficient by reading the posts and replying on my phone so I'm able to do other things at the same time I didn't mean it as some kind of insult apparently some people have taken it that way....

Sorry if I offended anyone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Googling "Jobo Film Processor in Action" will give you over 800,000 results. 800,000! Certainly a few of them would have given you what you needed to know. I'm beginning to believe you're not serious about photography-at least not willing to do the work necessary to become competent. You flit from film to film, asking all sorts of questions, looking for validation of whatever unique qualities you attribute to those films. When people with far more experience than you point out the errors in your assumptions, you reject it. When people with far more experience than you suggest ways to become a better photographer, you say you don't learn that way. Do you want to be a good photographer, or just tell people you're a photographer? A lot of people have spent their time trying to further your photographic education. I imagine their time is just as valuable as yours...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, you seem to be able to create epic threads in record time. Regarding the Jobo, you may be able to convert the voltage with a transformer, but the frequency (hz) may still be a problem. Regardless, the 2550 drum is what you need. Get a 2509n reel or 2, and a couple of 2502n reels, and you can handle all your film needs. Sell the 1500 stuff, I'm sure someone somewhere wants it. The really big sheet film drums need CPA or CPP processors, big bucks. I run a CPE2Plus and it meets all my needs from 35mm to 4x5. You can get smaller 2500 drums for smaller runs.

Jerry

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin