Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,865   Online: 829

nop

Shooter
    Medium Format

Cosar 395 Power Supply

So I was recently given a set of enlarger equipment that belonged to my step father. Unfortunately it had been sitting in an attic for the past 20 years and parts seem to have gotten lost during a couple of moves. So while I currently have a D5XL and a Cosar 395 I'm missing the power supply for the 395.

I haven't been able to find a power supply specifically made for the Coasr. Would it possible to use the power supply from a Chromega B? At least I can find one of those. Basically I just want to make sure I won't blow the Coasr up.

Has anyone tried this?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear nop,

It seems unlikely that the Cosar would use the same connecter and pin arrangement as a Chromega B.

Good luck,

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm
    If you match the voltage and current ratings then you have only to replace any connectors involved surely? Or are there multiple voltages doing multiple jobs within the enlarger head? (Ventilation fans, scale illumination, meter-electronics, motorised head, separate enlarger-bulbs per colour etc. etc.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin