Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,776   Posts: 1,516,693   Online: 1201

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    you cannoyt waste water.it recycles automatically with the weather.if ya serious, stop flushing the toilet and don't take showers or wash the car:and while ya at it;stop breathing too CO2;rememberlaugh:
    You are forgetting the enormous environmental cost of transporting the water, espcially in order to support settlements in otherwise arid places.

RE waste: contaminated water might eventually evaporate and return to its origin in the grand cycle of nature, but it will no longer be viable for most uses, and has a detremental effect on nature. Don't you remember that dead fish icon on the bottles of rodinal, reminding you that discharging the liquid back to nature will have an adverse effect on marine life?
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CatLABS View Post
    You are forgetting the enormous environmental cost of transporting the water, espcially in order to support settlements in otherwise arid places.

RE waste: contaminated water might eventually evaporate and return to its origin in the grand cycle of nature, but it will no longer be viable for most uses, and has a detremental effect on nature. Don't you remember that dead fish icon on the bottles of rodinal, reminding you that discharging the liquid back to nature will have an adverse effect on marine life?
    I do ;and you are right of course but, Iadmit that environmentalists are getting under my skin lately.a reasonable use of our resourcesis an admirable task, but there also needs to be a reasonable limit of saving for savings sake.slowlyrunning freshwater is the most thouroughway of washing film and paper;wrong place to conserve water for me.I'd rather skip a showernobody needs a hot shower twice a dayif it means under washed film.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Agreed.
    For those reasons i used to flunk students in my class who left the tap running over a tray with prints so they will be "washed" and then just left for hours or even over night.

As you say being reasonable or moderate is just fine, but there is absolutly no reason to "waste" water, when you can not waste it
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the true science of washing is rarely undertood.The Nisgra Falls wont do a better job than slowly running water in the same amount of time. volume is not the issue.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin