Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,898   Posts: 1,521,065   Online: 978

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Using a Jobo forced film washer

I just picked up one of these. Seems like a simple device but I can't find any instructions online.

If I had to guess I would say that you pop the lid of the tank but leave it on loosely, then insert the washer. So the water flows down the column and then back up and out the sides of the tank.

Can anyone confirm or correct?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Push it firmly into the centre opening of the tunel, open the water tap carefully, water flows out trough the openings in the tank lid. Now close the little hole on the transparent tube with your finger, this will close the air intake, the water will rise in the tube. Adjust the water flow with the tap so that the water level is steady between the two red lines on the tube, then unblock the air intake again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! It was a little more complicated that I thought, that is very helpful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OTOH, you can just let fly with the water pressure and ignore the lines. After you finally grab the hose and nozzle whipping madly around the room and clean up the mess you can follow the instructions in #2.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    OTOH, you can just let fly with the water pressure and ignore the lines. After you finally grab the hose and nozzle whipping madly around the room and clean up the mess you can follow the instructions in #2.

PE
    As is often the case with PE ...

Clearly the voice of experience.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The designation of this apparatus is CASCADE.

"Manual":

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqZ,!i4...p1EUg~~0_3.JPG
    Last edited by AgX; 12-01-2013 at 03:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My dear brother, how did you get those great machine,,, I'm thinking of buying one, I'm trying to gather information about the cost.

Could you help me in this matter?
    Does that machine to show the potential and the development of the "positive film."

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.catlabs.info/product/jobo...de-film-washer

This Cascade device is only intended for washing the developed and fixed film (may it be a negative or positive) in a developing tank (or photographic paper in a tray, with some holding clips).
    Especially when used in a tank it uses the water most economically as all water passes the film at near distance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jobo washer from a Jobo manual

Here is their own photo of the washer. They do call it a "cascade", but I just don't associate that name with this device.

And my only wall decorating was done with a Kodak style emulsion mixer made for me by a friend. When we first tried it, lets just say it "overperformed" a tiny tad!

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jobo washer.jpg  

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That water running over the tank over a staggered relief makes the term cascade quite appropriate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin