Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,848   Posts: 1,582,819   Online: 739

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And if you read my entire responce, you'd see i gave advive learned from 50 years of experince.

Your rediculous solution simply defeats the purpose of using a daylight tank... WHY??? Duh hugh?

So why are you having such problems?... Might stem from your lack of reading comprehention, no common sense, or you've been watching too much television.

BTW that photo of the pines is really beautiful.... Nice job

:-)
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    And if you read my entire responce, you'd see i gave advice learned from 50 years of experince.

Your rediculous solution simply defeats the purpose of using a daylight tank... WHY??? Duh hugh?

So why are you having such problems?... Might stem from your lack of reading comprehention, no common sense, or you've been watching too much television.

Btw the photo of the pines is beautiful!

Nice job...

Sigh. And thanks.

You are really going to call my response ridiculous, even though it worked for me to solve a teething problem? I think YOU are being ridiculous and closed minded.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And if you read my entire responce, you'd see i gave advive learned from 50 years of experince.

BTW that photo of the pines is really beautiful.... Nice job

Thomas's rediculous (I think you meant ridiculous Mr. Reading Comprehension) solution is one that is age old... many fine photographers have recommended immediate immersion over the years...

50 years of experience certainly hasn't done much for your people skills. :-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It always amazes and sometimes amuses me, as a moderator of this forum, to see what issues get people worked up the most. They tend to be things like: "do you need to use a stop bath?" and "which pyro formula is the best?" to say nothing of the camera brand rivalries and arguments about what film is best, and now we've got "how can I improve the fill/dump time of my daylight tanks?"

Let's all relax, soup some film, make some prints, and enjoy a peaceful Sunday.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    It always amazes and sometimes amuses me, as a moderator of this forum, to see what issues get people worked up the most. They tend to be things like: "do you need to use a stop bath?" and "which pyro formula is the best?" to say nothing of the camera brand rivalries and arguments about what film is best, and now we've got "how can I improve the fill/dump time of my daylight tanks?"

The issue was not the fill/dump of the tank, but to be called ridiculous for pointing out a proven method sure was an issue with me. I'm perfectly relaxed, happy, and cooperative. But when I try to help, by offering a technique that worked to solve a difficult problem, and people dismiss the advice as ridiculous, I do get irritated.

I learned the advice above from people whose combined experience as photography teachers, artists, and professionals is well over 150 years, and them having learned from those before them. I do not throw advice around unless I know it works.

Anyway, carry on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Going out to expose some film now, David. =)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post

What do you expect of people who butter the wrong side of the bread?

Seriously, though, I am a bit interested in this thread. I'm not too concerned in general, but will be doing c-41 soon, and am wondering if I should use my 32oz tank considering the development time is so short. I expect I'll mess up the first few tries simply because color developing will be new to me, so am not terribly worried; the rolls are "experimental" in that nothing important is on them. I admit my desire to use the 32-oz tank is for efficiency (read: laziness).
    Truzi

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thomas, I'm not directing that at you or any one person particularly, so much as at the general phenomenon of how the things one least expects to be controversial get out of hand on the forum.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    If you don't have a problem, great! You are not the person who needs help.

Those who DO have problems might, though, and that's my point.
    I had uneven development problems. And I cured it by lowering the film into an already full tank. If somebody else can benefit from that info, I thought it would be handy if somebody provided it.
    I agree some blood preasurs do run high here.. But please explain what this poke in the eye was for?

I'd say diluting his developer will extend the time n cure the uneven dev problem without compromising the most valuable feature of a day light tank... Using it in the day light!

So 100 ways to skin a cat... Pick one?

Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree some blood preasurs do run high here.. But please explain what this poke in the eye was for?

I'd say diluting his developer will extend the time n cure the uneven dev problem without compromising the most valuable feature of a day light tank... Using it in the day light!

So 100 ways to skin a cat... Pick one?

Diluting your developer is not an option if you run a replenished system, for example.

When you dilute your developer you have to develop longer, sure, but it also changes the outcome. Usually you get less overall contrast because you raise your shadows this way. You can develop longer to compensate. Sure.

You don't have to use my solution if you don't want to. But it is a valid way of solving a potential problem, and if you don't agree that is fine.
    But it doesn't make my suggestion any less valid just because you don't like it. You said it yourself, there are many ways to get to good results.

Daylight tank? It just means CAN use it in daylight. Doesn't say anywhere that you have to.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin