Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,674   Posts: 1,481,872   Online: 1097

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks, all. Anyone know offhand if the 1b shares any components with the more common models (carriers, condensers, etc)?

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Muir View Post
    There is a book called Leica Darkroom Practice/ the Focomat Manual. It concentrates on the V35, but has a good historical section that covers earlier models. I'm sure it will have something on the 1b.
    Alex
    I hae th Leica Darkroom book, ad it mentions the 1a & 1c, but not the 1b.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Got the 1b up and running. The condenser is almost the same the same as the Valoy I, but slightly narrower. Luckily the one that is in there is clean. It appears the AF mechanism is the same as what is described in the regular 1c manual. I did a quick and dirty alignment check by measuring the sides of the projected image, and it looks good. I'll run some test prints in the next few days to verify, as I don't have a grain focuser capable of off-axis work. The negative carrier from my Valoy works.

What else should I check?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin