Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,775   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saw that before, it is interesting.

As for scripts, I use Linux, so don't worry too much. My browser security is extreme as well. One of the less extreme things I use is the NoScript plugin with IceWeasel (Firefox), and I check things before allowing a script. I never liked products that tell me something "may" be dangerous and leave it at that. I prefer to think for myself, not have MSIE do it for me.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, I can examine the script, I can override the warning. I have a load of options. I prefer not bothering.

The second reference is blocked as well, this time by noscript in FireFox.

Happy New year to you all.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Oh, I can examine the script, I can override the warning. I have a load of options. I prefer not bothering.
    Being a Linux user, I had adopted a similar view long ago for websites that only worked in MSIE. I decided the person/company didn't want me, and gave it no further thought. It seems most of the web has changed it's view, as I certainly haven't.

I don't make exceptions in my noscript rules or cookie management (except for _some_ google services). Even APUG and Youtube, which I visit daily, only get temporary exceptions for the session. This reduces surprizes, so I feel it is worth my effort. Then again, I have one browser that I only use for shopping, nothing more, and have been known to shop using a text browser, so perhaps I'm not the best example

Vimeo videos don't usually impress me, though; I usually don't bother with them. I'm not sure why, as I have no real reason to object.
    Truzi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin