Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,985   Online: 804

Shooter
    35mm

S-K Componar 1:4/60 (???)

Picked up a grab bag of photo stuff at a garage sale last weekend, as it had a Wollensak Alphax (which was what I was after). Along with it was a Schneider-Kreuznach Componar 1:4/60 enlarging lens. I can't find any info on this at all. I called Schneider US, and they were stumped as well. The only thing I can figure out is it's from 1967-68 based on the serial number. Nothing on the web, nothing on ebay, nothing here.

Is anyone here familiar with this lens? I know the Componar series was the 'lower end' of the S-K's. What would this have been for, as in enlargement size, film, etc.? The lens and the original box are both in pristin condition, and I wonder if it was ever even used.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used a 75 mm Componar back in the '60s for 6 X 6 negatives and got perfectly acceptable results. I'd guess that this one was made to cover 4 X 4 negatives, from 127 film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes it's for 4x4. I have the newer Componon 60mm for my 4x4 negatives.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Bob and Tony, that helps some.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Componar 50/3,5 was my first enlarger lens. It was an excellent lens, especially for enlargerments up to 5x. It is only triplet, but sharpness is comparable with any 50mm six element lens. Now I prefer 60mm lenses for 24x36 negatives. I have rodagon 60, componon 60, El nikkor 63. All of them excellent lenses. Not sharper that my first triplet, but better for big enlargements. And 60mm lens allways has more even light distribution than 50mm lens.

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Regards,
    Andreas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin