Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,090   Online: 1058

Shooter
    Multi Format

Advice for Zone VI 5x7 VC Enlarger, Type 2

Ok, I just arrived safely home with my dream darkroom setup. The enlarger is in great shape and came with carriers in 35mm, 6x6, and 5x7; Schneider lenses in 150mm, 100mm and 50mm; a 16x20 Zone VI archival washer; a Zone VI compensating developing timer; Gravity Works 4x5 film washer and assorted other goodies. I'm so excited I could dance a jig. There - I just did! My only problem is that none of this stuff came with any documentation, can anyone help? Particularly I could use some instruction on using the Type 2 VC cold light head since I've never even seen one before. Thanks in advance for your help!

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think manuals are still available from Calumet. Worth a call, anyway.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

If they don't have one I can photocopy mine for you.

Let me know.

Michael

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Ok, I just arrived safely home with my dream darkroom setup. The enlarger is in great shape and came with carriers in 35mm, 6x6, and 5x7; Schneider lenses in 150mm, 100mm and 50mm; a 16x20 Zone VI archival washer; a Zone VI compensating developing timer; Gravity Works 4x5 film washer and assorted other goodies. I'm so excited I could dance a jig. There - I just did! My only problem is that none of this stuff came with any documentation, can anyone help? Particularly I could use some instruction on using the Type 2 VC cold light head since I've never even seen one before. Thanks in advance for your help!

Bruce
    Did you get the California version of the Zone VI Archival washer? If you did it will not work in your neck of the woods. It will only work correctly in the lower elevations, something to do with gravity and the way the water drains out of the unit.

Ship it to me and I will see it gets the correct use. Thanks

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I called the tech people at Calumet and found out that they can fax me the requisite manuals. I'm certain there will be a learning curve and much wasted paper while I get the hang of contrast adjustment with the VC head.

Mike, you scared me for a second there, but after talking with the tech guy I discovered that the thing with the washer is actually more spiritual than physical. He suggested that I pour a bottle of Full Sail Amber in with the water the first time I use it, as that would help it become acclimated to it's new home more quickly. Seems happy as a clam, now, so I guess I'll hang onto it for awhile.
    Bruce

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin