Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,878   Posts: 1,629,546   Online: 978

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    It looks as though it still wants to be used in a darkroom because it tries it's hardest not to let much light out. Rather a pointless design for it's purpose, both ugly and barely functional (in my opinion). Hmmmm, I may have PWG (posted while grumpy).

More sensibly, using steel reels is not a capital crime. After all, these were probably already bent and unusable as few lampstand-constructors are going to pay a lot of money for new examples of something they could otherwise find in a shop junkbox. On the other hand, converting a Noctilux in to a spotlight might make a stronger artistic statement - or cause more of a reaction anyway . . .
    Last edited by MartinP; 12-29-2013 at 05:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    down the road from me there is a house with a double bed/frame headboard &c repurposed as a garden.
    i kind of like it ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I feel bad every time I see thing like this.

I saw once where someone had taken an old upright piano removed the back and made it into a bookshelf.

It looked like a old crappy piano on its side with books on it.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hate it when people use working equipment. I don't mind if they use something that is already internally junked out but why use a perfectly good SX-70 to make a lamp? People do the same with musical instruments and it rubs me the same way
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Cikaziva View Post
    i know one Linhof technika V that become a lamp
    Now that is just plain wrong.
    Al

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is the third thread on this lamp issue.

No I don't feel bad. I rather give a camera another life than throwing it away.

And sparing an old camera for parts, is that a better life for it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    And sparing an old camera for parts, is that a better life for it?
    I've a box of old cameras for parts - compatible with my Sears KS-2 (Ricoh XR-7). I know it's not vintage or classic, but it was my Grandfather's, and I'll be able to keep it running as long as I can get film for it. Perhaps it's not a better life for the 18+ cameras in the cardboard box, but is a better life for me and my Grandfather's camera.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc2edh View Post
    As a clarinet player, I understand. Clarinet lamps are in too many antique stores.
    I don't disagree with you in principle, but when I was a high school band director, many of the cheap instruments my students tried to play on would have been better off as lamps ...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    A lot of metal darkroom stuff is heading for metal recycling, like the rental lab in town that sold a bunch of Omega enlarger stands for scrap metal. Better to make something interesting.
    For several years I used a kodak 5x7 enlarger as a corner light and then wrapped it in Christmas lights at Christmas time. It had a huge metal housing on top that looked like a large bell and had a pretty good ring to it. Recently I put that in the metal recycling bucket for pickup.
    I actually think this thread was probably started as a joke. Film reels are pretty cool. There are plenty laying around in the world. Use them for something interesting.
    Dennis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin