Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,140   Online: 1035

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

I feel bad every time I see thing like this.

Every time I see people using old film gear to make other stuff I feel sick. It makes me feel like our film gears are useless stuff.
    Link
    http://www.popphoto.com/news/2013/12...rn-clever-lamp

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I kinda like it-that might change if I saw the price tag,though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look like Hewes reels, price tag guaranteed to be pretty high

The only thing that really peeves me are the Graflex flash handle star wars light sabers. Repurpose any gear you want, but for god's sake stop when it comes to vintage pieces that can never be replaced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know what you mean.

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    Every time I see people using old film gear to make other stuff I feel sick. It makes me feel like our film gears are useless stuff.
    Most "re-purposed" gear is either damaged beyond repair or stuff (like steel reels) that are not rare and are being thrown out everyday. You might be over-reacting.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I once saw a Tilt-all Tripod with a electrical box screwed to the 1/4 inch thread and a lamp fixture on top. non-destructive use!
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Large Format
    i know one Linhof technika V that become a lamp

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As a clarinet player, I understand. Clarinet lamps are in too many antique stores.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it's a beautiful piece. Excellent design, except for the clunky, out of scale base, but that's quibbling. I didn't dwell on the price issue (stuff is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it anyway), but I'd certainly like to have it, no matter where the materials originated. It looks like a prop from the movie Metropolis. Except for the base. Grrr.

That's probably the first article from that magazine that's been of interest to me in years.
    Last edited by momus; 12-29-2013 at 12:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think it's cool... but not cool enough to have on my end table.
    However, it makes me wonder if I should have thrown away the Hewes 220 reel I had. It had barely noticeable broken weld, tweaking enough to not be able to load past about 12 inches (and I certainly tried). Might have been a good part for something like that lamp.
    Truzi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin