Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,940   Posts: 1,585,666   Online: 977

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images

Kaiser VCP6001 Enlarger

I've just acquired a Kaiser VCP6001 enlarger from eBay. Fantastic deal with 2 Schneider lenses (50mm/2.8 and 80mm/4.0) for £50!

Last night I put it together and tested it and it all works. Lenses have no clear sign of fungus and when inserting a negative and switching the machine on, I can see the image on my desk.

I read in the manual that it takes a cool bulb. However, even after 5 minutes of use, the head is quite hot and the light isn't that bright.

Is this right? Should the head get quite hot when the bulb is supposed to be a cool bulb?

Apologies for the potential dumb question but I've never owned or used an enlarger before. And how bright should the image actually be? I'm not sure if I'm just expecting something different than what it's giving me.

Cheers
    Jay

I'm running with both hands...
    I'm going to run with both hands...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A cold mirror (ie dichroic mirror or dichroic reflector) transmits the heat and reflects the light. The transmitted heat goes through the back of the mirror (the reflector around your halogen lamp) and that is making the head of the enlarger hot and keeping your negative cool.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    A cold mirror (ie dichroic mirror or dichroic reflector) transmits the heat and reflects the light. The transmitted heat goes through the back of the mirror (the reflector around your halogen lamp) and that is making the head of the enlarger hot and keeping your negative cool.
    Perfect. As long as it's normal than all is good cheers ice-racer!

I'm running with both hands...
    I'm going to run with both hands...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin