Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,742   Online: 1100

Shooter
    35mm RF

Focomat 1C Surgery

So I have my Focomat 1B up and running, but I also picked up a partial 1C for parts (and I have my existing Valoy 1). I realized that it might not be that hard to actually make a working 1C from this, but I have a few questions. The post from the 1b is the same as the Valoy 1, but the 1C is considerably thicker. The bolts are also different. My 1C parts so far consist of the post and bottom of the top assembly (parallelogram, neg stage, condenser, lens mount, etc).

1. I do not have the Focomat top lamp assembly, but my Valoy lamp thing fits fine - EXCEPT the plug is not the same. Is the plug the goes into the post of the 1C a standard thing I can pick up somewhere? What is it called? I can splice one in if I can find it.

2. I have no baseboard, but live right by a lumber yard and have a friend with a fancy drill. But what size/thread bolts do I ask for to screw the post in?

As an alternative, anyone have a baseboard, bolts, and/or lamp housing they want to sell cheap?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cbphoto View Post
    So I have my Focomat 1B up and running, but I also picked up a partial 1C for parts (and I have my existing Valoy 1). I realized that it might not be that hard to actually make a working 1C from this, but I have a few questions. The post from the 1b is the same as the Valoy 1, but the 1C is considerably thicker. The bolts are also different. My 1C parts so far consist of the post and bottom of the top assembly (parallelogram, neg stage, condenser, lens mount, etc).

1. I do not have the Focomat top lamp assembly, but my Valoy lamp thing fits fine - EXCEPT the plug is not the same. Is the plug the goes into the post of the 1C a standard thing I can pick up somewhere? What is it called? I can splice one in if I can find it.

2. I have no baseboard, but live right by a lumber yard and have a friend with a fancy drill. But what size/thread bolts do I ask for to screw the post in?

As an alternative, anyone have a baseboard, bolts, and/or lamp housing they want to sell cheap?
    The Valoy top fits, but is slightly flatter than the 1C top, not sure what that will mean re even illumination, you will have to find shortneck bulbs. Over the years Leitz changed the plug at the top in the column, from round to rectangular . . . you can bypass and run the cord straight from the lamphouse to the timer.

The baseboard is 3cm/1.18 inch thick, the bolts are M8 (not 100% sure, so check) and 5cm/1.96 inch long. I assume the column has the metal connector attached?
    Last edited by Hilo; 01-07-2014 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Thanks, Hilo! Running a cable directly to the timer did not occur to me, although it's embarrassingly obvious now . I'm using PH211 bulbs in both my 1B and Valoy with no problems. I'll try it out and see what happens.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin