Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,954   Online: 812

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Jobo Recirculation Problem

I recently purchased a Jobo ALT-2 with a water bath recirculation problem. When the power is first turned on, the recirculation pump runs for 5 to 45 seconds or so, and then stops. I have to older ATL-2's that I can use for parts, but am not sure what is happening. Any thoughts?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is a circuit-breaker or over-temp sensor tripping or something? Is the water actually circulating with the pump running?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could a temp. sensor react after only 5sec of assumed over-strain?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Is a circuit-breaker or over-temp sensor tripping or something? Is the water actually circulating with the pump running?
    Sorry, I should have been more specific, and provided more info.

Yes, the water is actually circulating. As I said, it works for a few to several seconds and then stops. If I turn off the power, and immediately turn it back on, the water again recirculates for a few to several seconds—then stops.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Even if the thermal protection circuit is tripped, you would have had to reset it before the motor came back on.

This is often caused by debris build up in the pump shaft housing, Or the motor is otherwise obstructed in some way, causing it to heat/seize.
    The pump shaft housing is easily removed and cleared.
    If that does not do it, you will need to lubricate the pump motor it self. One - two squirts of lube spray (we like PB plaster) will do.
    Opening the housing is a bit more challenging but there are details instructions on our manual section
    www.jobo-usa.com/resources/manuals

The motor might also have a corroded shaft, which might be beyond repair, you will only find that out when you open it up and have a look.

Good luck.

Let us know what you find.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin