Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,526   Posts: 1,543,908   Online: 1055

Thread: Kaiser 7005

Kaiser 7005

Hi guys. I am about to buy my first enlarger and have the opertunity to buy a Kaiser 705 or 7005 with a Componon 80mm. I find very little info about this enlarger and were wondering if this is a ok enlarger and lens and what a reasonable price would be?

Best regards,
    Rune

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well known high quality make of enlarger still in production. Quick search shows the 7005 does medium format up to 6x7. http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/en/...ge.asp?nr=4471 Componon lens is also high quality. What is there not to like, except the price. Provided that is OK go for it.

Oh, make sure it comes with the separate transformer to power it!!

Hi Rusty and thanks for your reply. I will see if I can get a good price for it.

Rune

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That enlarger makes part of the modular System-V. It is the most modular system ever introduced at enlargers. Nothing has changed to the basic design idea. Part of that system is still manufactured.

"7005" means that it got a head configuration capable of 6x7cm. Within that range you again could chose as basic kits between b&w, Multigrade and colour and with the latter also autofocus. But being an extremely modular system you can re-figurate everything.

Though before going into the System-V you better have a look at a system overview. For instance by means of a 10 years old Kaiser catalogue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    But being an extremely modular system you can re-figurate everything.
    True. Mine, for instance, says 3505, but has been upgraded with a 6x6 condenser (it can go to 6x9).

Rune, have a look here: http://www.kaiser-fototechnik.de/pdf...gen/4420_4.pdf

Thanks I will do some reading then. e seller is asking $320 do you think that is ok with color head and lense?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks I will do some reading then. e seller is asking $320
    If its worth it to you, yes. Prices are all over the place. Sometimes you can get lucky and get really good kit for virtually free, but you have to be in the right place at the right time. Compared to the new price (AG in UK lists it at £1500, so >$2000) $320 is a steal. I say, if it is complete and in decent condition, and you can afford it, go for it and be happy. Even if it's missing say a neg holder for a size you need, it's not a necessarily a deal breaker because you will be able to obtain (or even make) one. Just make sure all the main parts are there, and it looks like it has been looked after.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Speaking about being built modular:
    a competing systen was/is offered by Dunco. The principal difference is that whereas with Kaiser the lighting system (except for the condenser assembly) is fixed, with the Dunco system one could stay even with just one head and interchange instead even the filter assemblies.
    In times of used heads this may not longer be an advantage.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    i have VPM 6005. it's not my first enlarger, but one i started to get serious about my printing. before i had various russian enlargers.
    kaiser is really good piece of equipment and i strongly suggest it. specially for that price. I got mine for around 600$ (starting price was 1k$)

just check letters before number VP = black and white (has filter drawer), VPM = black and white with built in filters (really handy + has filter drawer), VPC = colour enlarger

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin