Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,277   Online: 1143

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Ps. I have many 16mm projectors, one of which is broken. However, its internal power supply is working, and it lights a 250w 24v bulb, i think it could be like the one i'm looking for. Any idea? I'm completely ignorant in these things.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yes I agree, as well there is nothing wrong with an Omega .
    QUOTE=fotch;1599704]A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. A working enlarger....... Keep the one that is working.[/QUOTE]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would be more inclined to buy the Durst as a project (for cheap price) and then when and if you get it working make a decision about which enlarger to keep. You will like the Durst when it is up and running, however you will hate it when you want to print and you no longer have a working enlarger. The shop owner would rather have some cash than what amounts to a pile of junk at this point. Given the condition I wouldn't think more than $100 to $150 would be what I might pay for it. If you can't get it working, what could you part it out for?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Durst items get pretty expensive and many times certain items are hard to find. But the laborator 1200 is a popular model so it shouldn't be that hard. I have a durst pro 4x5 which was an off shoot of the ce1000. The durst pro i have was only produced for 3 or so years according to durst vs the 10 for the ce1000 so it's pretty tricky to find any info or parts for me. Just finding the correct negative carriers took me forever. Plus the naming scheme is pretty confusing.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aca91 View Post
    By provider I meant the store in which I get paper, chemicals, film, filters... It's very small, so it is also like a gathering point for photographers that still use film for conviction in my city. Anyway, I know that Durst is easier to keep in Europe, but for me it really doesn't matter all that much since I'm in South America and both brands are equally hard to get Any ideas on what to do? I've been looking in ebay and the power supplies from Durst seem to be hard to get, so I think a generic one would be ok (I'm also on a low budget), but I would like to know what kind should I get, and how does a timer work in that case. Thanks.
    the Durst L1200 was the best enlarger I've ever owned and I would go for the tradebut, I'm not sure if a generic poer supply would work.the original power supply,I had,integrated a voltage stabilizer.
    good luck with your search and enjoy the beast!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I would appreciate that diagram. How much do you think a shipment of your spare transformer would cost, and how much would you charge for it? What is the problem with using another 250w 24v power supply? How could I plug a timer to any power supply other than the ones from durst?
    Need an email address to send the info to.

Shipping the transformer from the UK is not really viable - It is really heavy.

The TRA-450 contains a relay to switch the 24V supply on and off (some versions used a triac) - The relay is powered by the timer, so is quite simple in operation.
    If you are good with electronics, I'd perhaps suggest building a stabilised DC power supply and use a MOSFET or IGBT to turn the lamp on/off. Use the open source f-stop timer http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/9...-released.html to drive the MOSFET/IGBT and you'd have a very useful setup.

If you don't know one end of a soldering iron from the other, then all of the above will (probably) be gibberish to you..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Durst 1200 with Ilford Multigrade 500 head and control panel. I love it and considered buying a spare for parts. It's a real workhorse, panzer tank of an enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would NOT trade.

The seller is sticking you.
    He gets rid of an enlarger that needs a lot of work to get running and is thus hard to sell, in exchange for an enlarger that is in operating condition and thus much easier to sell.
    And YOU have to spend time and money to get the Durst into operating condition.
    He wins, you loose.

I have a Durst L1000. Replacing the missing parts was time consuming and EXPENSIVE. And I have the condenser enlarger, so I don't have to deal with the missing power supply that you have to deal with.

As was mentioned, if you want the Durst, buy it at a very LOW price, because of the work and money you will have to put into it.
    You can argue that just replacing the missing power supply will cost a lot of money, which the seller probably already knows.
    If you cannot repair the broken parts, you will have to replace them, difficult to find and EXPENSIVE. In your case, shipping will be a major expense.
    I can see the rebuild easily taking a year to do, and cost $500 USD or more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ps. I have many 16mm projectors, one of which is broken. However, its internal power supply is working, and it lights a 250w 24v bulb, i think it could be like the one i'm looking for. Any idea? I'm completely ignorant in these things.
    Based on what you just said, I would NOT try to make a power supply.
    Mains electricity can be VERY DANGEROUS, if you do not know what you are doing.
    Heck it is DANGEROUS when you do know what you are doing.
    And that power supply will be putting out 10 amps of current!

Sorry, but for your safety, my recommendation is for you to NOT make a power supply.
    Therefore you have to buy one and have it shipped to you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all for your answers. ac12, it's not like that, he is offering me to save it until we get it running and then i would give him my Omega, not before (but I should get the missing parts by myself). Thank you for the advice on the power supply. Do you know of any seller other than pro durst usa or ebay?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin