Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,705   Posts: 1,482,830   Online: 1018

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Paterson Auto Print Washer

I just received one of these, used, for a good price, but there's no manual with it, and I have no idea how to install the "plunger" or whatever that thing is that regulates the water-inlet. Is there anybody who can make a scan of the manual and mail it to me ? Or can I find it anywhere on the net (no luck with google ..) ?

Thanks,
    Stefan.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never Held one in my Hands, but:

That container with racks holding the paper has got two tube connections.
    One at the top, the other (via an upgoing tube) at the bottom.
    The water loaded with salts will sink down, thus one will have one downward stream.

If you let in fresh water at the top you can let out the heavy, salts loaded water from the ground.
    However this has some similarities with the "concurrent flow" principle"

Doing it the contrary way let's one think of the more effective "countercurrent flow" principle

EDIT:
    I realized that there are two versions.
    The current one with that large protrusion at the top of the tank seemingly has in- and outlet connections at that protrusion and uses a bubble agitation system like the one in the Jobo Cascade. There seems to be an inside tube going down to the bottom too.

The older version has a straight tank and an outside tube running down the wall.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-25-2014 at 10:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well, I think I have the newer version then: mine indeed has in- and outlet at the top. My problem is how to install that plunger system; I can fix it with the white plastic screw at the outside, but the diameter of the "incoming" hose is too large (although it is the original one), so I don't understand how that should be fixed on the plunger system at the inlet outside of the tank.

Stefan.

Shooter
    Large Format

Paterson washer problem

There are a number of different tank sizes on the market, but if this (11x14) is the one you have, and it seems to show the white plastic screw you refer to, then if your incoming tube is too big you should be able to replace the tube with a vinyl tube of correct size and place a hose clamp on it, no? Or am I not understanding your problem?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11x14_washeer_2__41531.1385075557.1280.1280.jpg  

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    It's indeed exactly the same I have. The incoming tube in your picture, is it just a press-fit over the plunger, or is it held in place by the white plastic screw ?

Thanks,
    Stefan.

Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    There are a number of different tank sizes on the market, but if this (11x14) is the one you have, and it seems to show the white plastic screw you refer to, then if your incoming tube is too big you should be able to replace the tube with a vinyl tube of correct size and place a hose clamp on it, no? Or am I not understanding your problem?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't own this washer to look at, but from this pic I suspect the white screw is integral with a serrated tubular extension which the supply tubing is pushed onto. The red piece is likely a gasket. I would find supply tubing of the proper size and push it onto the white part and use a hose clamp to insure the joint stays together - be careful not to tighten the clamp too much, in fact I'd tighten it while running water through the joint and tighten only enough to stop the leakage.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I replaced my input hose with a clear plastic tube and put a hose clamp on the end to secure the tube to the washer.

mcd

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The small movable part goes toward the inside, where water flow pushes it outward to rock the print rack. The weight of the rack presses it closed and then the water pressure builds up and moves the piston out and moves rack. It's like a perpetual motion machine as long as the water is turned on to the proper flow, which is much less than you would think initially. The Grey water exit area drains fixer-laden water off the bottom and then up to the top of the washer and out.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So there is actually a piston inside.
    To me it looked like that air-inlet at the Jobo Cascade, but I wondered about that metal part that connects the rack assembly with that cylinder.
    And it works in counterflow as I expected.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin