Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,097   Online: 781

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Kent

Condenser Enlarger is much sharper, if you are doing a lot of skin tones the dichroic would be suitable.
    I use both daily and there is a noticable difference.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The documentation I have, though, says that the Omega VC can take up to 4x5, can the Beseler 23
    No the 23C will not handle 4x5". If you get a colour head enlarger (which I for one would recommend), make sure it has the voltage stabilizer power supply included as this would cost a lot of source elsewhere. Ditto all the negative carriers.

Cheers...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    Nick,
    Thanks for clarifying that...I appreciate it.
    The documentation I have, though, says that the Omega VC can take up to 4x5, can the Beseler 23?

Thanks,
    Kent

Beseler includes the negative size in it's names. So the 23 is for 2"x3". The 45s are for 4x5. Omega uses letters. The Omega 4x5s are D types.

Is the Omega a VC? A variable contrast enlarger usually isn't a condensor enlarger.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/...y/C760Diff.htm

That's an Omega VC head for the B &C series enlargers. You'll see it's basically a colour head.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/

Spend some time going over that site. Get the full name on the various enlargers and heads you're looking at.

Images
    As to sharpness: I just fitted a dichroic head onto my Beseler 23CII, replacing the condensor head. I've done side by side tests for sharpness, and I'm unable to see a difference. Where I do see a difference is in the tonality (nice smooth grays, less "chalk and soot"), and in the superior rendering of highlights with the diffusion head. YMMV.
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Follow up!

So today I went and took a look at the enlargers that this chap was selling and I decided to purchase the Beseler 23CII. It is truly a thing of beauty I got it for a very reasonable price and both parties are happy!

I took a look at the Beseler 45 with the Dichroic head and the PM2 colour analyser and was amazed by the size of it...It was enormous! Very impressive, but way beyond anything that I'd ever need. There was also an Omega B-22 and an Omega D series with the variable condensor set. All very nice, but I took a real shine to the Beseler!

That said, he is selling all of the others (he's keeping a 23CII with a dichroic head for himself) and if anyone is interested, just PM me and I will get you in touch with him.

Cheers,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin