Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,791   Online: 917

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Air Flow ~ Revisited

Am I the only one who's' nervous about air flow / air velocity if a filter (of she sort) is installed?
    Jack Rosa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This fan is a strong vacuum cleaner and vacuum cleaners use filters. I will monitor temps for a while with a T-couple and I have installed a new temp shutdown switch. No worries.

This fan is not a puny computer fan, this one will blow leaves across the yard. I think the OE, if this is OE, fan has plenty of suction. I have used this type fan to remove welding fumes, car exhaust, 1700 degree racing engine header heat on a dyno. I know how to handle hot stuff, this is childs play.

Your fan may not be the same. Since new, I am sure these things have been messed with plenty. My 2 fans for this F weigh at least 20 lbs each.

Look what I'm doing, I'm messing with it. So did everyone else for 60 years.

Next I will change the off balance fan on my Beseler 23. It will get a computer fan, a srong one, but nothing like the F fan. After that, I have plans for an E.

Hey all people do is throw this stuff out, so I fix and use other peoples junk.

Quote Originally Posted by JackRosa View Post
    Am I the only one who's' nervous about air flow / air velocity if a filter (of she sort) is installed?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Got it. THX

Got it Randy and thanks for taking the time to explain. My fan does not sound as strong as what you have (someone may have messed with the motor before I purchased the equipment) but can clearly see how, with all that sucking power, air velocity would not be an issue. I appreciate you sharing your insight.
    Jack Rosa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin