Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,745   Online: 925

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Durst M600 - Some problems.

I found the right-hand side of the paper around 1-2cms from the border receives less light compared to the rest of the paper.

With that I am burning one stop to get the uniform illumation.

* Lens stop down to f/11 and prints made at f/8 is experiencing the same problem.

May I know what is causing this? I am suspecting misaligned condensor elements.
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There should be a diffuser between the lamp and the condenser assembly, is that in place?
    Also, the knob behind the lens that swings the red filter into place turns easily, and may have the filter impinging slightly on your image.
    Another thing to try would be the position of the bulb, the socket holding the bulb can be adjusted up and down, to center the lamp.
    I found a manual for your enlarger on this site, which may help if you don't have one;
    http://www.jollinger.com/photo/cam-c...Durst_M600.pdf

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haa...never saw my putting that opal glass(diffusing screen) between the lamp and the condensor element.

My mistake should have read the manual first but once I tried to put the opal glass in the filter holder(do not make complete sense) though.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    You may want to ensure the light bulb is adjusted correctly in the head to project even illumination. I believe the the diffusing screen was intended to even out the light from a tube shaped bulb. The screen is positioned in the head and should not have caused your problem if installed correctly.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-27-2014 at 07:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not recall ever using a diffusion screen/glass in my M600.
    But I did use a PH211 photo bulb, which should be evening out the light itself.

I concur about the red filter. It swings all too easily and it does come in from the side, so could be causing your problem. If you do not use it, I suggest taping the knob, so the red filter is not accidentally move into the light path.

Ahhhhh (light bulb goes on)
    The negative carrier of the M600 has movable masking blades. I think the one on the left side might be mispositioned, and is slightly in the light path. Move ALL the masking blades OUT, and I think your problem will be solved. I never used the masking blades myself, as they were too far from the film plane to create a sharp cutoff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I put back the opal glass and raised the bulb till the maximum. Visually it is little brighter but I did not made any test prints yet.

But one the condensor glass is not seated properly i.e., one facing the bulb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    are you using the right focal length for you neg size?is the bulb aliggned and the neg carrier not too small?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lens: Componon-S 5.6/80mm stopped down till f/11.0
    Negative Size: 6x6
    Enlarger Lamp: Gluehbirne 75w
    Filter Position: Under the lens.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by baachitraka; 01-28-2014 at 01:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thinking to make tests with and without filter, possibly removing the built in red filter and focus aid. But, have to wait till Friday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Did you check the position of the masking blades on the negative carrier?
    Those need to be moved out of the light path.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin