Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,179   Online: 837

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had a number of different frames over the years; older frames from Eastman, etc. made from hardwoods are good if not damaged. Many frames I've gotten off Ebay have been made of soft wood, not hardwood. Soft wood is a challenge because they shed wood fibers and collect dust, which also gets onto the negative. I currently use ancient Eastman contact frames for 8x10, 5x7 and 4x6 and a new 11x15 from Bostick & Sullivan, which appears to be designed to survive the zombie holocaust.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got used ones. MJS is right, if you have a softwood one and it does not have metal to receive the spring clip, it will shed wood onto the negative when the clip abrades the frame. It takes patience to get good used ones on Ebay or a forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin