Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,587   Online: 889

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Has anyone heard of these guys?

I have 4 like new 4X5 Leedal stainless steel developing tanks and a bunch of 4X5 film holders. Not wanting to give them away or roll the dice on eBay, I was doing some research to determine resonable value. One of the things I came across was: camerashopnbuy.com I'd never seen their sight before, however it looks like the mother lode for enlargers,darkroom equipment, sinks, etc. Question is, does anyone know anything about the company or has anyone done business with them. There always seems to be someone wanting a sink and these folks seem to have a bunch of them. I'm curious. Don't need a sink or enlarger however who knows what the future might bring? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    If these guys were actually selling anything?

No contact information other than an e-mail form = red flag
    No physical address or location given = red flag
    Private domain registration = red flag

However it just looks this site is scraping eBay listings. You can't actually buy anything off the site, they are trying to make money with a referral link to other people's sales on eBay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure that is the case and I do share your concerns. I didn't pay much attention to the links to the eBay listings but rather to the list of various kinds of equipment available. Looks like surplus sales and links to some of these. If legitimate, it is an interesting site. I went back and it is difficult to navigate and much of it is links to ebay auctions. Oh, well . . .

dmb

Shooter
    35mm
    adelorenzo is correct - this site is NOT selling anything - they are using ebay referal links and get paid a comission for each sale that results from following their link rather than going direct. All the listed items are present on ebay and the text is copied from there. If you are comfortable doing your own searching on ebay you can get to what you want faster than reading page after page of their scraped listings

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Right. I clicked on one of their listings from something that was advertised as from Adorama, and it took me to Amazon.com, so they got a twofer on that one. There are scores of these sites on the web that just feature other people's listings. Adelorenzo gave all the pertinent info on determining fake from real. Adorama has some new Regal Arkay stainless 4x5 tanks that they want $134 for.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin