Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,662   Online: 834

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Durst 32mm to LTM adapter?

So I bought a shutter to try to front-mount my huge 465/9 Apo-Ronar (which worked really well, btw, now all I need is a bellows long enough to focus the damn thing).
    On the shutter that I bought was a front-mounted 150mm Comparon.
    I paid a fair price for a working shutter, so I'm happy with that, the lens is a total bonus, but it'd be nice to use it too.

What it has is a 32mm very-fine thread. I presume it fits on a Durst because it's mounted to a "Durst 3214 Camring", which has the requisite M40x0.75 to fit a #1 shutter. I've tried googling just this adapter and it seems not to exist on them thar internets. But it does what it does, front-mounts the Comparon to a shutter. And the lens works fine as a taking lens according to the macro polaroids I shot on the weekend (I'm still awaiting the Velvia back to see how well it really worked)

What I would like, however, is to also use it as intended as an enlarger lens. My LPL6700* has an LTM 39mm mount, so what I would like is to find an adapter from a Durst 32mm lens to a regular LTM enlarger.
    Does such a thing exist?
    I've tried googling and ebaying but the search terms are too broad and I end up with hundreds of irrelevant results. Does anyone have (or know of) a list of standard Durst 'camrings' that might include a 32-39mm adapter? I'm guessing that if they made one for a #1 shutter they may have may one for an LTM mount too?
    Or indeed anyone else who might make them? Like I said, the lens was effectively free, so i'm not about to spend $150 to get SKGrimes to make one, but I'd pay maybe $30 for something if anyone knows any leads?

*yes, I know my enlarger only takes 6x7cm. But I want to enlarge some 35mm and 645 by about 4-5x to postcard size, which would work fine with 150mm and 2-6x is where the Comparon is optimised. Also, I'll probably eventually (don't tell the missus) end up with a 4x5 enlarger so it'd be nice to use it when that happens.
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 32mm lensboard for my Durst L1000.
    That is probably the preferred method that Durst would have used to put a 32mm lens on the enlarger, rather than a 32 to 39mm adapter.

The only adapter that I know of is the 25 to 39mm adapter to allow the use of lenses with a 25mm mount on an enlarger with a 39mm lens mount. This is needed for some of the Durst 35mm enlargers that did not use removable lensboards. The lens screwed directly onto the bottom of the focusing assembly.

Note: I know comparatively little about the HUGE number of various Durst accessories, so a 32 to 39mm adapter may indeed exist.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Durst 32mm to LTM adapter?

I have never seen such an adapter size so it probably needs to be custom made. One quick and dirty way to do it is to cut out a ring thats a bit bigger than 39mm on the outside diameter, and have the inner diameter be at 32mm. Use a really thick rubber band or multiple to act as a retaining ring. Take off the head of the enlarger (2 screws close to where the height adjustment is on the column) and you will have access to the bellows. Rack in the bellows so they are compressed (you should have also removed any negative carrier). Then you can place the lens through the bellows and through the fixed 39mm lens board (a bit of double sided tape between the lens board and the one you just made wouldn't hurt either) and you should be able to use the lens that way. Replace head and test if it focuses.

Shooter
    35mm

Source for custom retaining rings

Check this guy:
    http://www.customphototools.com/
    and my previous post:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...le-source.html

There are off-the-shelf sizes, but as I remember he will also make custom sizes; And what I paid was much less than the typical list price at, e.g., B&H

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bernard_L View Post
    Check this guy:
    http://www.customphototools.com/
    and my previous post:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/1...le-source.html

There are off-the-shelf sizes, but as I remember he will also make custom sizes; And what I paid was much less than the typical list price at, e.g., B&H
    Yep, that's exactly what I was after, thanks, gonna get one of these.
    I've emailed him to see if he can make a few more adapters for me too (like mount some m42 glass onto a copal 1 for extreme macro...)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin