Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,553   Posts: 1,573,138   Online: 786

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

a stab in the dark...

Before I open this box up, I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody out there has the schematics and/or parts diagram of an X-Rite 310TR densitometer.l Or, barring that, if anybody has actually opened one of these up and replaced the battery responsible for keeping it's clock ticking and it's calibration data while it's powered down.

It's an old beast (this one was in use in 2000 according to some notes in the copy of the manual I received when I obtained the unit) and I'm not willing to spend too much on it.

Thanks, Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The year 2000 is old? Wow. Now I feel old, and I'm probably younger than at least 2/3rds of the people here...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.

f/64 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    14 YEARS AGO IS NOT OLD.

gad.

No, I've never opened one of those up. If it uses a battery, though, one would think it is easily replaceable. I'd start with the bottom plate and see if it's obvious.

Shooter
    35mm

olde

I just purchased an Agfa DF-6 Cadet box camera. It was made around 70 years ago. Now THAT is old. It still works but I need to find some Agfa Plenachrome film for it....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a simple measure for old versus new. Any equipment younger than I am is new...made since 1951. I don't have too many new cameras, but I do have new(er) darkroom gear.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Swinnard View Post
    Before I open this box up, I thought I'd ask here to see if anybody out there has the schematics and/or parts diagram of an X-Rite 310TR densitometer.l Or, barring that, if anybody has actually opened one of these up and replaced the battery responsible for keeping it's clock ticking and it's calibration data while it's powered down.

It's an old beast (this one was in use in 2000 according to some notes in the copy of the manual I received when I obtained the unit) and I'm not willing to spend too much on it.

Thanks, Dave
    I would agree with a previous poster that it SHOULD be straightforward... but that doesn't mean it will be.

If you can't find an answer here try asking over at the Large Format Forum, between these two forums I'll bet someone has your answer.

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Er, Dave said it was IN USE in 2000, not that it was made then. I think he just wanted us to know it has only been rusting for a dozen or so years, not 50+.

Way outside my sphere of competence, Dave. Good luck!

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    14 years is not that old but if this is a rechargeable battery (which I suspect after reading the manual) this probably would be defect after 14 years.
    In this case you would have to desolder it to change.
    Or it might be a RTC module with internal Lithium cell rated for 10 years. In this case probably bad luck.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Andreas; 14 years may not be old for equipment, but for many batteries it borders on prehistoric. I had forgotten about RTC chips with built-in batteries, that could prove quite challenging (and annoying).

If the OP is lucky, there might be some sort of "coin" cell on the PC board. I have an enlarger timer that screams when I first turn it on (no matter how the switches are set) until I bump the time off zero. I'm now wondering if it used to remember the settings and lost its battery but I've been too lazy to look (and have no manual).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My understanding (from reading old posts) is that there is a soldered on battery on one of the circuit boards inside the beast. Simply removing the bottom panel doesn't give access.

That's why I was asking if anybody had actually opened one on the past or had diagrams of done sort.

I will post over at LFF too and see what happens.

And 14 is not old. Likely rates as one of my newest pieces of darkroom equipment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin