Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,417   Online: 1029

Shooter
    Multi Format

Adjustable Enlarger Baseboard for Enlargers With No Adjustment

This is an adjustable enlarger baseboard for enlargers with fixed (non adjustable column). It sits on the enlarger baseboard and allows you to align the easel to the lens and negative. Realize that lens-to-negative alignment is much more important, so do that first and use this if you are still having problems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file-4.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	82254

Shooter
    Multi Format
    From the top the height of the 4 corner grub screws can be adjusted with an Allen wrench to achieve alignment:

Name:	file-1.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	82255

Shooter
    Multi Format
    View from the bottom showing the protruding end of the grub screw that will contact the enlarger baseboard:

Name:	file-2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	82256
    Last edited by ic-racer; 02-13-2014 at 07:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The grub screw is inserted in a 'threaded insert' that is threaded into the wood after first drilling the appropriate-sized hole:

Name:	file-3.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	179.6 KB 
ID:	82257

Name:	28811-01-1000.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	82258
    Last edited by ic-racer; 02-13-2014 at 07:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is interesting, but I'm a little confused. What part of your enlarger is not adjustable, the negative stage or the lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    good idea. same as router lifts for router tables.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great idea. I made something similar on mine by going to my local Ace Hardware Store and buying 2 sheets of 3/4" plywood that were pre cut to 2'x2'. Then I glued them together to increase rigidity (probably overkill, but I like solid stuff). I used 8 self tapping wood screws w/ rounded heads on mine (to prevent sagging in the middle of the board over time). The screws were placed on the bottom of the board, which made my base a lot less convenient to get leveled, but once it's leveled it stays leveled.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Ullsmith View Post
    This is interesting, but I'm a little confused. What part of your enlarger is not adjustable, the negative stage or the lens?
    For enlargers with a non-adjustable baseboard or a fixed baseboard to column alignment.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin