Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,551   Posts: 1,573,098   Online: 774

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    While deciding/waiting on developing gear, you could do the taco method in your tanks. (Saying you have a 2x120 tank)

All ya have to do is fold the neg with emulsion in and put a hairband around it and slide it into the tank vertically. I think i could fit 4 or 5 in a tank. Develop stop and fix in the tank, then pore the fixer into a tray and let them fix a little longer in the tray. This will fix where the band was. Then you can rinse them in the tray.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I occasionally use a Yankee tank for semi stand, Rodineal 1:100, load the tank in the dark, pour in the developer, genital rocking back and forth first 60 seconds, then 2 hours stand with just a couple agitations during development , dump developer, water for stop bath, standard fix. For standard development I use 3 rubber tanks with hangers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use a Yankee tank and if I need just one sheet I use a AP Classic tank both from http://www.freestylephoto.biz/

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    While deciding/waiting on developing gear, you could do the taco method in your tanks. (Saying you have a 2x120 tank)

All ya have to do is fold the neg with emulsion in and put a hairband around it and slide it into the tank vertically. I think i could fit 4 or 5 in a tank. Develop stop and fix in the tank, then pore the fixer into a tray and let them fix a little longer in the tray. This will fix where the band was. Then you can rinse them in the tray.
    If the emulsion side is facing in then there wont be a problem with fixing. The rubber bans may prevent the anti-halation backing from being removed though.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Speaking of using a standard roll film tank for sheet processing...I guess that is taco method, eventually without the actual "taco", that is without the rubber band.
    I have been wanting to try the taco method for semi-stand routine but am not quite sure on how I will tackle the agitation. Those of you who use it do you invert the tank? Or do you use a sponge attached to a stick and move it up and down to create a circulation of the developer? These are two methods I thought about doing, but there might be others.
    raul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unicolor or Beseler paper drums either on a motor base, or simply rolling back and forth on a 2x4. Only used about 200ml of chemistry for up to four sheets of 4x5.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    If the emulsion side is facing in then there wont be a problem with fixing. The rubber bans may prevent the anti-halation backing from being removed though.
    Yep that the reason why. Thanks for clarifying.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rcmartins View Post
    Speaking of using a standard roll film tank for sheet processing...I guess that is taco method, eventually without the actual "taco", that is without the rubber band.
    I have been wanting to try the taco method for semi-stand routine but am not quite sure on how I will tackle the agitation. Those of you who use it do you invert the tank? Or do you use a sponge attached to a stick and move it up and down to create a circulation of the developer? These are two methods I thought about doing, but there might be others.
    raul
    I did inversions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used many different takes for 4x5, however, I highly recommend the Jobo. If you ever want out, it will be very easy to sell. If you want to expand with the Jobo system, you will already have the right tank. The Jobo tank & reel has is a joy to use. Good Luck.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One more thought. The Jobo, used in a rotary mode, does not use a lot of solution.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin